Stolen fridge winter covers. (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since my grey coloured winter covers to the fridge were stolen at a motorway services it has become difficult to find replacements. I use Brownhills but received white 223x400 but mine are 235x480. Darren at Brownhills is trying to source but has anyone purchased any somewhere?
IMG_20201026_183626.jpg
IMG_20201026_153920.jpg
IMG_20201026_153946.jpg

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Like these??
image.jpg

480 long, But the height of them are 223 std Dometic size I think! Oh and one of em has a twist thingy missingšŸ˜¤šŸ˜¤ They was on my ElddisšŸ‘

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I too got them from brownhills they was a bargain at Ā£70.68 for both!!
Pity they donā€™t fit my new to me Adria Sonic:whistle2:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
They look correct.
I think he's the one who has been nicking them and sprayed them grey to cover up his crime before he sells one back to you.;):nod:
Really though, why can't people leave things alone.
A tow ball cover in the shape of a horses head was stolen from our car on the ferry when we went to Ireland years ago.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I think he's the one who has been nicking them and sprayed them grey to cover up his crime before he sells one back to you.;):nod:
Really though, why can't people leave things alone.
A tow ball cover in the shape of a horses head was stolen from our car on the ferry when we went to Ireland years ago.
Ha ha, my mate Howard had his fridge GRILLS (NOT the winter covers) nicked whilst he went for a coffee!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
release the catches and take the grilles out, cut a sheet of bubblewrap to fit and hold it in with the grilles

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've had no trouble getting 'as new' replacement grille covers and other external covers/vents from caravan breakers at a fraction of the cost of new ones.
Google brings up loads of breakers.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
They are a ridiculous price but only 'originals' those supplied by manufacturer. I was told, and sold some by Premier Motors that those without the name of your marque are about half the price.
The only time I have ever needed them was mid winter -10c and at Lincoln Motorhome Show (where I did not have any) and a strong gale blew directly at the side of the van.
Last resort, a bit of card with a hole in it, covering the area does just as good. Spray it white if you like.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I have used our winter grill covers twice, both times in winter with temps below 9 degrees, once in Pembrey with gale force wind and rain and the FF gas blew out, and alarm woke us up.
Last time was last new years eve meet at Shrewsbury, it was freezing at night, so thought best to fit winter covers....big mistake!, the Fridge could not keep temp below 10 degrees, food inside wasted.
Despite being recommended in manual to fit grill covers in temps below 8/9 degrees, this is wrong as the FF wont work properly, insufficient gap left to vent heat away from top vent.
They will now only be used for winter storage, when we are not using the van, just to keep wind blown debris out, but the fine mesh inside each grill does a pretty good job of that.
Sorry to hear about the OP getting his vent covers nicked,:mad::mad::mad: however, no way would I pay for replacement Grey Covers if that happened to us, as they are not anyway near worth the listed costs, and are only use for storage from now on.

LES

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Slightly off topic. What is the purpose of these covers. 2 came with the van when we brought it, but to be honest I only used then once when washing down.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
"Since my grey coloured winter covers to the fridge were stolen at a motorway services"

Did you see me,, sorry them

Wouldn't be hard to make some from foam board and apply coloured vinyl. just need to fashion some retaining clips.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Full time in mine and never used winter covers they are crap ...

But if you really must then just paint the ones you have

I sprayed all my vents and water inlet covers etc on my hymer

Dark grey bumper paint is the same colour as the factory grey vents

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back