Stickers could invalidate Insurance ???? (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Could this be the brother of the lady featured in the report?
Seen spreading the word at Calais sea-front

View attachment 53358

Interesting to note that the car has racks on the roof but no surfboard or kayak - maybe it's the second coming of The Messiah himself, going for an afternoon stroll on the English Channel.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
[QUOTE="maison, post: 1288334, member: 28463
He admitted they may try to wriggle out of paying but an appeal to the Ombudsman would " almost certainly succeed".

Make of that what you will!(n)[/QUOTE]

I'd make them out to be crooks & scum & in reality no different to those doing the thieving & damage.
They should be cracking down on those stealing vehicles/crash-for-cash/twocers , etc; not just passing on & increasing premiums to the honest & decent. They should be making the lives of the politicians/police an absolute misery to get the offence rate down & the culprits locked up/removed. It won't happen as just like everything else it is easy to target the decent ,legal ,honest & truthful to pay more & so supporting the all the wasters both above & below.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
So, I have got just half an hour, before I go and watch England Beat Wales:whistle::groan::)(y).

The last time this "discussion" came up, the answer I got from a Colleague in General Accident (Now Aviva) was. Anything that materially affects the performance or increases the value above the agree`d limit should be reported for assessment and may be liable for an increased premium. If such enhancements are not reported it could lead to a refusal of liability, or the reduction in payout pro rata.

That was in 1996 or thereabouts.

So IMHO, Go Faster Mods to the Engine etc; are liable. Go faster stripes are not!

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Many years ago I worked in the claims department of a Lloyds syndicate. The company was a little rough but there were worse insurance companies. One called Mitre Motor Insurance Policies at Lloyds was the worse. In the industry they were know as mitre pay, mitre not.

Truth be know some insurance companies will try to wriggle out of paying claims and quote "modifications" etc as their justification. In all cases when the policy holder complained to the MIB or the Ombudsman that the insurance company were unreasonable the claim was upheld (and occasionally an adjustment was made to the premium payable).

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
You need to notify the insurance if you fit winter tyres,,some companies try to charge a premium for this and you have made the vehicle safer,,,rob dogs,,BUSBY.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My insurers wanted 40% extra for fitting winter tyre set to my Fiesta over the winter months, because they were a performance increasing modification that was not a manufacturers option. Told them to FO and changed company. They were not bothered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back