Steel wheel is 15'' so what size alloy... 16 or doesn't it matter anymore? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Going back to my younger days regarding wheels and by god thats a few now, I was told if you had steel wheels and wanted to get alloys then you needed the next size up i.e 15in steel = 16in alloy..

With a motor home is this the same as Im wanting to get alloys for our Fiat Ducato MH instead of the steel wheel with hub cups but not 100% sure if its 15in or 16in alloys or does it really matter... 15's I keep the original newish tyres fitted or double the cost and have to fork put for tyres as well..

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Both should fit. I changed the 15” to 16” to my last van. If you go with 16” fiat alloys make sure you get the correct pcd.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I don't see why you would need to go up a size.
A 15" is a 15" whether it steel, alloy or a lump of cheese.
If you were uprating your weight then, yes, up to 16" (if needed) and it would also make your Speedo less accurate than it will be now.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
If you were uprating your weight then, yes, up to 16" (if needed) and it would also make your Speedo less accurate than it will be now.
My speedo was spot on with satnav and phone satnav app.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Nov 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
There was that thou about getting the extra weight - that wouldn't be just yet as we havent had it that long...

Many thanks for the info, all is much appreciated 👍

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back