SPLIT IN DOUBLE GLAZED MOTORHOME WINDOW (1 Viewer)

funman

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
la Strada Hi Top
Exp
Since 1972
I have a 20 year old La strada panel van conversion i recently noticed that one of the double glazed windows had 2 inches of water in between the 2 glazing panels On closer inspection i discovered a one inch split at the top of the window which was allowing rain water to get in
Any ideas on would i could use to fix the split a least temporarily, or how i could find a replacement for such an old window.
The window is 600mm x 500mm has the name Langlotz on it but a google search only brings up German sites which i cant navigate. Would a Seitz one fit or are they not standard?

rgds
jean

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Acrylic glue will seal the crack. Drill a tiny hole at the bottom to drain the water

Then eeco-ltd.co.uk can make a replacement to match

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Used this a few times..... works well... (y)

That link did not work... :doh:

Supposed to be a link to "Captain Tollys" creeping crack cure...

1622901533115.png

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
EECO will make a window they use the old one as a pattern.

Acrylic glue will seal the crack. Drill a tiny hole at the bottom to drain the water

Then eeco-ltd.co.uk can make a replacement to match

how did you both get on with no window for a few weeks? It says they need it back to make the copy

looks like I will have to use this option , Dometic no longer make my window with exactly the fault the OP has, drilled holes to let water out, but it steams up and looks a mess

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
how did you both get on with no window for a few weeks? It says they need it back to make the copy

looks like I will have to use this option , Dometic no longer make my window with exactly the fault the OP has, drilled holes to let water out, but it steams up and looks a mess
a sheet of ply a few inches bigger than the hole on the outside and a couple of battens on the inside, again overlapping the hole, bolted together to hold in place. run a bead of non setting mastic on the outer surround before the ply and it's watertight and more secure than the plastic window. Simple to remove to refit the new window as well

OP
OP
funman

funman

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
la Strada Hi Top
Exp
Since 1972
Thanks for all your suggestions. Have dried out the window by my Aga. Will attempt to glue with acrylic and see how it goes.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I’ve used Capt Tolley,,which is fine for small cracks,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.