Spare key (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Hi just purchased a BESSACAR E 495 only got one key with it I’m based in essex any ideas where I can get another one, not just the skeleton key the whole key and fob?

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Google for local key cutting service. Timpsons generally do it, and have the kit for OBD port configuration but £££. I had a couple of sets cut with them for about £150. I now keep the original as a spare.
Mike.

Upvote 0

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Sorry to be negative but why only one key ? Hopefully a good reason by the seller. Timpsons are pretty good for keys
When we bought a brand new Swift on a Fiat chassis, there was only one remote key supplied and the other was a solid one with the transponder chip but no remote operation.
Fiat wanted £300 for a spare and I assume that Swift order them all without a spare to reduce cost.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
When we bought a brand new Swift on a Fiat chassis, there was only one remote key supplied and the other was a solid one with the transponder chip but no remote operation.
Fiat wanted £300 for a spare and I assume that Swift order them all without a spare to reduce cost.
All makers do, our dethleffs only has one and the new carthago the same AFAIK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
My ducato van( since self converted) came with only one key and no remote. Timpsons Skegness tried twice without success to programme one. In the end bought a spare cloned key from Carrefour torrevieja and rewired the switch on the side loading door to operate from a £5 eBay bought remote.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back