Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
:cool:Mahou for me. Estrella gives me too much gas......................BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP! scuse me missus!:cool:
That's the only problem with the site we go to. English owned, mainly English clientele and they're rather proud of the fact that they have John Smiths on tap!
WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD I DRIVE 1600 MILES FOR THAT DISH WATER! :D

Aug 18, 2014
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2015
1573582809529.png

This is sometimes on draft and if you like double malted, strong beer it is as good as many of the best craft ales in the UK.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
:cool:Mahou for me. Estrella gives me too much gas......................BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP! scuse me missus!:cool:
That's the only problem with the site we go to. English owned, mainly English clientele and they're rather proud of the fact that they have John Smiths on tap!
WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD I DRIVE 1600 MILES FOR THAT DISH WATER! :D

Now you are taking me back about 40 years, when the Costas were awash with bleeding Watney's Red Barrel, 'cause that's what they thought we wanted. It was enough to convert me to Spanish red plonk!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
I could not wait to get home and have a decent beer, its the same in the states, weak P#ssy beers like Green Beers & Bud light etc, if they had a real beer it would knock em over!

We did find some decent beer in the US but you need to hunt down the microbreweries (quite a few on the west coast). The bog standard stuff they serve everywhere else is pants.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
And the good news for beer-loving coeliacs (I know a few who are often forced to stick to cider) is that there are gluten-free versions of Spanish beer (Estrella Damm Daura and San Miguel, I know of).

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Here in Granada as well as the green 1925, Alhambra also do a roja which is very nice indeed https://www.cervezasalhambra.es/nuestras-cervezas/alhambra-reserva-roja/. The especial (also gold coloured tins / bottle lsbel) is better than the tradicional (Red & white tins). If you're in Málaga then the San Mig especial is better than the standard San Mig (and is available in tins), but IMO Victoria is a better drink. In the east Estrella Galicia is v good, as is Estrella Dam. Some of the natural cloudy ciders from Asturias are sold in Mercadona and they're not too bad either. No one drinks Cruzcampo until either all everything else has been drunk or they are doing it for a bet as generally speaking it's vile.

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Tonight I am having a change from the Estrella Damm, and drinking San Miguel. Consum made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. A cool bag filled with 8 33cl cans of “Magna” and 8 33cl cans of “Radler”, for just over 8 euros. I hadn’t spotted that the Radler was actually a kind of shandy, but it’s still 3.2% and quite pleasant. The Magna is 5.7% and nicely hoppy.

078D7DB7-A0A1-47B9-B62E-4444AAF2CACD.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back