Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Quite a lot of it is a bit crap, in my opinion, but this stuff isn’t at all bad.

E4F85EF3-4C61-4C83-BDC3-8B5D77A93B01.jpeg

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I'm supping Tropical right now. It's a Canarian brew and very nice :)

And they're all OK, if properly chilled ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We have Estrella, Dorada (Tenerife), San Miguel, Cruzcampo and Mahou.

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We have Estrella, Dorada (Tenerife), San Miguel, Cruzcampo and Mahou.
I thought Dorada was a fish, but may give it a try if I see it. I’m afraid that the ubiquitous Cruzcampo is one I class as “piss”, if I’m allowed to say that.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I thought Dorada was a fish, but may give it a try if I see it. I’m afraid that the ubiquitous Cruzcampo is one I class as “piss”, if I’m allowed to say that.
My local happens to be owned by my best pal. They sell Cruzcampo and took me a while to appreciate it. But at €1.50, I persevered ;)

And it's about 5.6%

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Depends what you want - there’s quite a lot of Spanish craft beers now, some just “badge-engineered” stuff from the big breweries, but quite a few that at least appear to be small-scale local set-ups. Loads of IPAs, etc. Maybe not the stuff for when it’s hot, mind.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
That's from the Canaries not mainland Spain I have a glass in my bar at home from the mid Nineties, it's a Standard 500ml Jara

From what I remember it wasn't to bad a beer but quite light it used to be 3%
I am in the Canaries ;)

And it's 4.7%, the main reason I buy it. The weakest of the crop.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thats always my concern about traveling around the world....whats the beer gonna be like?
Story Time:
We went to Mexico a few years back, lovely 5 star hotel, fantastic food, but the beer, the one and only beer available was bottled or draught Corona, it was so thin & weak, you could drink it all day and not feel you had any.
Been there over a week, walked toward one of the beach bars, the bartender knew me by then and so he started pulling me a pint of Corona, I said and a large Tequila also please, which he then poured in a separate glass, having taken a gulp of Corona weak P#ss I then proceeded to pour the Large Tiquila into the pint of Corona, to which the bartender called No NO, I said Yes Yes its the only way to get some kick into of this P#ssy beer.:D

I could not wait to get home and have a decent beer, its the same in the states, weak P#ssy beers like Green Beers & Bud light etc, if they had a real beer it would knock em over!

Dont mind a San Miguel in Spain, large bottles I remember were 1.0 EU a pint, bet they cost more nowadays, even at the supermarket.
Les
Enjoying a cold one as we speak...Hoegaarden Wheat beer is the guest beer in our house tonight, Doom Bar last night:D:drinks:Cheers everyone, enjoy your beers(y)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I noticed recently that San Miguel is 5.4% in bottles, but only 5.0% in cans.

Obviously the cans are for the southern softies ;)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Only do the Large Bottles of San Miguel, hoping of course that they are the real Spanish ones, and suspecting that the cans are brewed in Northampton:) I might be being a touch Naive I know, but I will ask Santa when he comes, he will know(y):D
And Yorick your more saaf than me :D
Les

Deleted User
Mercadona do a very acceptable, to us, beer at 65c/litre, Steinburg 4.8%

Draught beers I prefer Mahou green when available, not keen on Cruzcampo.

In Portugal Aldi do a nice Belgian beer, Schulten Brau, 99c/litre 4.7%. In bars always drink 33cl bottles of either Sagres or Super Bock, available in most bars for the same price as an imperial draught at 20 cl, cheapest this year 90c but more normally €1 to €1.20 in the type of bars that I frequent:)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Only do the Large Bottles of San Miguel, hoping of course that they are the real Spanish ones, and suspecting that the cans are brewed in Northampton:) I might be being a touch Naive I know, but I will ask Santa when he comes, he will know(y):D
And Yorick your more saaf than me :D
Les
Just seen you're in Camberley. I used to work there at Travelex. Worst company in the world.

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I appear to be out of beer, not sure how that happened, and the bar on the site here is closed on Tuesdays. So I’m off to Consum on my bike to see what they have.

Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Mercadona do a very acceptable, to us, beer at 65c/litre, Steinburg 4.8%

Draught beers I prefer Mahou green when available, not keen on Cruzcampo.

In Portugal Aldi do a nice Belgian beer, Schulten Brau, 99c/litre 4.7%. In bars always drink 33cl bottles of either Sagres or Super Bock, available in most bars for the same price as an imperial draught at 20 cl, cheapest this year 90c but more normally €1 to €1.20 in the type of bars that I frequent:)
green mahout is the best beer in spain lived there for years and tried most of them

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
You cannot beat a cold pint of Estrella
You can beat it with a pint of Abbot Ale, all of the Eurofizz seems to taste the same. Sadly after a few weeks I run out of proper beer and have to start drinking eurofizz and the Estrella is one of the better fizzes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back