Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

Not putting myself up as a font of knowledge, but,
Just before Crimble I started getting loads of Spam/Scam in my E Mail.

It was all from the Indian overseas territories. The content was of no importance.

I invariably checked the 'address' of the sender and it always ended "ie" The emails thus received were 'Blocked' by me.

Here's the important bit. Yesterday I got another yesterday and I would have 'Blocked' it but I noticed that the senders address WAS MY OWN EMAIL ADDRESS!!!

Had my brain been in sleep mode I would have blocked my own address which would have meant receiving no further genuine emails into my account.

I've come to the conclusion that there are some slime balls about.

simbadog

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I get loads like that, keep reporting myself but they haven't stopped! :whistle2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I use gmx with a mailsweep facility but sometimes I need a document in my main account, so I do have that as one of my contacts in each separate account. If one of my accounts gets a bug, it sends emails to my other accounts, often with the salutation "hello friend"! Clearly I can spot this and do not block it, merely delete it. It also gives me a quick indication that lots of other folk might be getting unwanted messages, so I can dash of a "sorry" note. (y)

Gordon

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Does anyone get any through MH fun? I get the email alerts saying someone has posted and every now and then get ones with unfamiliar names and subjects seem to be "supplements " and "vitamins " although I never open the email, just delete. If I block, it would block all motorhome fun.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back