Spain - passports are being stamped (1 Viewer)

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
Just for info. Landed in Spain (via airplane) for first time this year. As well as electronic scanning of passport, also physically stamped with entry date.

Looks like the 90 is 180 is going to be monitored/enforced here.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I never wanted to stay there until I got a job in Marbella: then it was very convenient not to have to apply for a visa etc.
There are other reasons for travel other than holidays!

Gordon

camion

Free Member
May 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Furgoneta
3rd December '20 entered France, Apart from a cursory look at passport and necessary
papers to transit France at Dieppe I never had to produce any documents until the return
to Dieppe 89 days after Brexit ie 30 March '21. My passport was stamped. Actual wording
was '30.03.2021 90 DIEPPE'. I had previously made enquiries about penalties for exceeding
the 90 days. Immigration wouldn't commit themselves (not unexpectedly). The local Prefecture was
Covid closed so they couldn't be approached for info or pleading a Force Majeure exemption,
or a special circumstance extension.
Slow unhindered drive through France. Entry into Spain via the Somport was uneventful, no checks
Murcia was well populated with motorhomes both on sites and wilding, I stayed in the Murcia Region for
about 3 months, not a single contact with Local/National Police or Guardia Civil.
PCR test ÂŁ85 required on return from Spain to France, no check at Somport Tunnel.
Antigen test at Dieppe was gratis, courtesy of the French government.
Day 2 and 8 PCR tests for UK were ÂŁ160, the results were never received, I posted
numerous reminder emails to the so called Testers, later sent hard copies to my bank as
evidence for a chargeback, credited with the money a couple of days later.
With the benefit of hindsight I would have updated my other passport (dual national)
and my EU ID card but who was to know that all this green amber red brown s**t was going
to hit the fan over Xmas eh!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Our passports were date stamped in mid April at Santander port after spending six months in Spain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back