Sep 24, 2013
swansea
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013

Hornfleur to Almeria Spain.

We are hoping to visit friends in Oria in May which is not too far from Almeria, and wondered can anyone please recommend a good route, with a few safe stops for 'new to Spain' motorhomers. Our first stop when we get to France will be Hornfleur then its onwards and upwards to Spain. Olè.⛱️

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Fidge Surprised you’ve had no replies as yet. I’ve not actual driven down to Almeria before but have gone down to neighbouring Murcia many times. I often use different routes across the Pyrenees but the route through France is pretty much the same until near them. We also have not used Aires or camper stops on this route.

We would go and stop at sites this way from our normal arrival port so you can adapt. We also avoid toll roads except to bypass busy city centres.
Zeebrugge
Pont de L’Arche by Rouen then go via Dreux & Chartres
Tours heading north
Poitiers heading south
Bordeaux area
Urrugne if going via Pamplona
Or Aire sur l’Adour if going via Somport tunnel, possibly Pau
Zaragoza
Valencia area or even Benidorm
Elche
Then no more from me 😜

Hope this help, You can find campsites easily in these locations via ACSI discount scheme or such as Search for sites

Sep 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282

Hornfleur to Almeria Spain.

We are hoping to visit friends in Oria in May which is not too far from Almeria, and wondered can anyone please recommend a good route, with a few safe stops for 'new to Spain' motorhomers. Our first stop when we get to France will be Hornfleur then its onwards and upwards to Spain. Olè.⛱️
For route through France, there was an article called ‘The Long Road South‘ which I used as were travelling from Dieppe. We then went via Toulouse, Castelnaudray and Narbonne before going down the coast road through Spain As far as Almeria. Didn’t use any tolls and in the main the roads were great.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back