Briony and R ichard

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Devon tq125 nw
Funster No
MH
PEUGOT boxer
Exp
we are hoping to spend the winter months in Spain going through FranceDoes anybody know of a really nice quiet site around Malaga/ Marbella.it needs to be no more than about 1 hrs commute from airport,kids travelling over to spend xmas with us.would like to be set up in a lovely site!! Any recommendations would be lovely!! This is our first trip to Europe in our m/h!

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Lake vinuela, it is in ACSI...

It is about 50 kms from Malaga airport to the east of malaga..Inland from torre del mar and Velez Malaga...

Quite a few long stayers this year, more than last...

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
As above, the site at lake vinuela is nice and likely quiet, but it is well out in the sticks and you will need additional transport to go anywhere, unless using the van.
You are highly unlikely to find a quiet site anywhere near the coast in the area you mention though, too many vans and not enough pitches. Everywhere will be packed and you're well advised to book!
Trust me, I know, I live here!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
As @BreweryDave says it is in the country as most lakes are(y), but there is life about, restaurants etc, perfect for walking etc., supermarkets at 15 mins, coast at 20 mins, but yes transport is beneficial...

OP
OP
Briony and R ichard

Briony and R ichard

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Devon tq125 nw
Funster No
MH
PEUGOT boxer
Exp
Thank you all for your info!! We are new to m/h travelling.both retired this year so want winter sunshine!! Do we have to book at lake vinuela? Is there good facilities for water/ waste water? The kids will be hiring a car from Malaga airport,so transport won't be a problem! We have bought a 125 motor cycle( recommended by bike mad son) if local transport is bad to get us around!! Just don't know what to expect!! Been in peggy(m/h) in uk,but a bit different to Europe!! Anything we shouldn't do!! We have bought many books,camperstop etc ! Hubby is fitting solar panel as we speak! I also like to watch tv(sad) so do we need a special aerial( we have just bought a small smart tv and have inboard aerial!! Peggy is about 8 yrs old!!!

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Link Removed
Is near Alhaurin de la Torre so just a few minutes to the airport. Its an independant campsite so not in ACSI. Never been but looks ok on paper.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
we are hoping to spend the winter months in Spain going through FranceDoes anybody know of a really nice quiet site around Malaga/ Marbella.it needs to be no more than about 1 hrs commute from airport,kids travelling over to spend xmas with us.would like to be set up in a lovely site!! Any recommendations would be lovely!! This is our first trip to Europe in our m/h!
Am in a time warp! Your post is dated today and your talking about your children coming over for Christmas ?

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Thank you all for your info!! We are new to m/h travelling.both retired this year so want winter sunshine!! Do we have to book at lake vinuela? Is there good facilities for water/ waste water? The kids will be hiring a car from Malaga airport,so transport won't be a problem! We have bought a 125 motor cycle( recommended by bike mad son) if local transport is bad to get us around!! Just don't know what to expect!! Been in peggy(m/h) in uk,but a bit different to Europe!! Anything we shouldn't do!! We have bought many books,camperstop etc ! Hubby is fitting solar panel as we speak! I also like to watch tv(sad) so do we need a special aerial( we have just bought a small smart tv and have inboard aerial!! Peggy is about 8 yrs old!!!

Perhaps it would be best to book, find out the rates for long stay whether you have the ACSI discount card or not...Ask for a plot on the front row with a lake view and the Maroma mountain...One UK couple it must be their 5th year though they stay in one of the cabins...While we rent one of the local villas in sight of the campsite..

It has all the facilities water, waste, electric hookup etc..two good restaurants at the entrance but TV will be issue in southern Spain, most expats locally watch UK TV off the internet with broadband or have a 'large' dish, perhaps 1.5m or 2m in diameter...

So far this winter, no frosts, mostly sunny, a few days of rain and a few windy days....

Gas, you'll need to have a plan!!!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Given that you are covered with regards to transport I can really recommend Presa La Vinuela. We stayed there in January. No probs with water/waste etc. Fabulous area for biking and some lovely little villages close by. Restaurant/bar attached to the site. Fantastic lake views - make sure you get a front line pitch, I think our was number 39. About 20 mins to the lovely village of Puente De Salia which surprisingly, given that is in the middle of nowhere and quite small, had an English chippy and a Brit Food shop.
040117 Presa La Vinuela (4).JPG
040117 around Presa La Vinuela (1).JPG
040117 Presa La Vinuela (1).JPG

Attachments

• 040117 around Presa La Vinuela (1).JPG
    040117 around Presa La Vinuela (1).JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 7

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
There is a nice site at Torres del Mar.
Right at the end of the prom. plenty restaurants/cafes/shops and good cycling.
Malc

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Camping Bella Vista at Manilva near Estepona is a very nice site (propabably one of the best on the South Coast) with great facilities - on the beach, walking/cycling distance from shops & friendly bar/restaurants and not far from Gibraltar or Marbella airports.
It is pricey but long term deals are not so bad, advance booking for long term stays is essential

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For the info of the OP.

There is a distinct difference between 'Packed' and 'Quiet' but you could find the same description of both at the same time at the same site?

We have just spent two weeks at the Camperstop at Calpe.
The 'Full' sign was out every day. It was packed BUT, it was quiet. Yes there was a Bar on site but there was no noisy behaviour.

I would suggest that the ambience of a site, given that it will be a holiday period, has precious little to do with whether it is full or not.

From my experience, the 'Locals' tend to have a different approach in terms of noise levels to Northern Europeans. I'm not saying that their behaviour is wrong or raucous. They just have a different philosophy as to what and when noise is acceptable.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I know you said 'Malaga' as a choice of Airport but we spent Christmas and New Year at Camping Ria Formosa at nr. Tavira on the Algarve. Lovely 'feel' to the place. It has a shop and a Restaurant/Bar. The local village was 'open throughout the holiday period and we got a 10% discount with our ACSI card even though they're not in the scheme.
Faro airport isn't far away and I know that one fellow Brit paid £35 a week for a hire car.
I would suggest it's easier to drive to the Algarve than to the Costa del Sol as well.
Recommended.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

You struggle in southern Spain to get English tv with a huge Sat Dish. You will get Spanish TV ok just with an aerial.BUSBY,,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back