Some will not like this. (2 Viewers)

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Motorhome ( Maybe it was you) along with cars, stopped on either the A30 or the M5 ( didn't catch which one). Told to go home as there journey was unnecessary.
6.00 clock news South west.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
We saw a Pilote coachbuilt out and about and although it's easy to assume that they shouldn't be, who is to say its not their only form of transport.

That concept may be too much for your average PC plod to even contemplate as it would require a degree of common sense and intelligence? so they may just adopt the stance that you must be travelling in a non essential way if your not in a car?

Having said that, there is no excuse if you haven't got a justifiable reason. Just my opinion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
At some point, in the next few weeks, I'll need to go down to Cornwall and make sure all is OK with my Mum and her carers (all isolated)

Normally I'd stay in the Granny flat at the bottom of the garden, however my niece has taken up residence as she has been living in LA and is now effectively trapped in the UK with no place to live.

My Sister is currently trapped in NZ, but her house has her son and friend living there as they are also homeless.

So when I go down the M5/A30 I'll be in the motor home and I'll be parking in the driveway (Which is well away from the house)
I'll leave it as long as I can, but it's weeks not months we are talking about.

Last edited:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We saw a Pilote coachbuilt out and about and although it's easy to assume that they shouldn't be, who is to say its not their only form of transport.

That concept may be too much for your average PC plod to even contemplate as it would require a degree of common sense and intelligence? so they may just adopt the stance that you must be travelling in a non essential way if your not in a car?

Having said that, there is no excuse if you haven't got a justifiable reason. Just my opinion.
Please don't denigrate our wonderful police that are out there helping people to avoid this awful virus

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Motorhome ( Maybe it was you) along with cars, stopped on either the A30 or the M5 ( didn't catch which one). Told to go home as there journey was unnecessary.
6.00 clock news South west.
Problem with this and its just a thought maybe the motor homer was home and looking for somewhere to park up

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Heard tell they cleared a few FLTs away from an area in Penzance. This was when the shutdown first started, they had been thrown out of their Camp Site.

Just a rumour? true or not? who cares?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It is my intention, once a month, to use my motorhome to do our essentials shop instead of our car. It may not be best for the environment but it will keep the battery charged, oil circulating through the engine and gearbox, and clean off the brake discs.

All our cupboards are empty including the wardrobe, no water on board and the “fixed” bed is not made up, so we are obviously not on holiday.

What are the police going to charge me with? Unnecessary journey? We need the food etc. We are not on holiday, not touring and not “out for a jaunt”.

For the last two weeks we have adhered strictly to the rules.
We are practicing social distancing, having one daily walk but otherwise staying at home.

It is imperative that we all do our bit to prevent the spread of this virus but what difference does it make whether we do our shopping by car, motorhome, motorbike, tractor or bike?

We all have to eat etc.

The assumption that all Motorhomers are travelling to “self isolate” in a scenic area must be challenged or it will lead to restrictions both during, and after, this crisis.

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Get real...
Who stopped them, and why stop cars ? and who`s to say the journey was un-necessary ???
The police,
Because we're supposedly in lockdown,
They are if it didn't comply with any of the exemptions.
What are the police going to charge me with?
Nothing
Presuming you're going to a local supermarket & not hacking halfway across the country.

What is it about us that always always tries to push the boundaries?
Can we not accept that staying home is good
Unnecessary journeys are bad.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
They are if it didn't comply with any of the exemptions.
I take it then that you don`t know for sure if they fitted any of the exemptions ?
They may well have had good reason to be there, I don`t know, and I`m guessing you don`t either.

Stay home stay safe - but don`t accuse others of being irresponsible without knowledge of all the facts please.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Who stopped them, and why stop cars ? and who`s to say the journey was un-necessary ???
We`d need more info before we throw them in the dungeons and throw the keys away.
They didnt,, they just sent him back to the Midlands,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back