Solway usb antenna (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Just purchased a Solway usb antenna to use with mac book pro while away in France. Downloaded the mac drivers, went into network preferences to find the network connection....nothing, any of you techno wizards got any thoughts or is it an excruciating call to their technical helpline ? Help.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Friend of ours could not get it working on macbook and called company only to be told discontinued line is not supported. Returned to shop for refund. Bad news that they don't support their equipment. Return it and go for this ( at least they support MH world ):
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I bought one a couple of years ago and it worked with my iPad but this year it seems to have stopped working, it will not reboot after choosing the site wifi, looks like I'll have to go for boost:swear2::swear2:

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Do you want internal or external aerial ? Do you want to share the wifi? Always on campsites? Going abroad? Want to stream? PM me if you want help to chose and set up. You need to work out want you need it for?

OP
OP
motorhomewave
Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
I am just looking for something that will plug into a macbook pro and give me the possibility of using free wifi from McDonalds etc both in UK and France without having to lurk around their doorways looking shifty and not buying any of their no doubt delicious burgers. I have been doing this using my iphone which is at least slightly less intrusive as a laptop ! It's 95% for collecting and sending e-mails while away from office.
ps it wasn't called Solway it was Solwise !

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
If that's all you want go for a bear extender on a Mac. In my experience most 'free' Wifi is slow as so dont waste a great deal of money on it. You would be better off going down the Mifi route especially un unlocked Huawei as it acts as a Wifi router as well unlike the netgear one. I use the Huawei E5372 and it is great. Or get one from 3 that allows to roam with it.

OP
OP
motorhomewave
Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for your help will look into your suggestions and delve into the mysteries of Mifi. No doubt soon I shall be twittering, nudging and facebooking along with all of you techno wizards !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back