thegfb

Free Member
Aug 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1995
On my PRS240 solar regulator the alarm fuse light is on and although the 'charge' light is on (amber, which I think is normal) I suspect the leisure battery is not receiving charge. The unit is located in slightly tricky spot to properly access and I can't seem to get the unit's cover off without exerting what may prove to be damaging pressure to check and replace the fuse at present. Is the PRS240's cover a simple pull off item or are there catches that need releasing? If the fuse has blown then something must have caused it to - any suggestions?
When off grid recently flickering lights in the van when the pump was running alerted that the battery was low, though it was only second our night away off of hook up having barely used electric in the day (we usually get 3 or 4 days off grid without a problem - there's no TV or w.h.y). Checked the battery voltage at it's terminals and it showed it to be down at 12.4v. When checking the solar cell output button on the van's control panel the whole panel lighting dims slightly although the level indicated seems little different to previous readings prior to this problem.
Predictably there are no power issues when on hook up.
Not a newbie to motorhome use but first time solar panel user. Van is 2016 Benimar Mileo 201.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back