So What Do You Do For A Bin? (1 Viewer)

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
We used a little caddy on the kitchen top for small stuff and I had a 20 litre fertiliser tub with lid that went in the cupboard under the side seat for anything bigger.

In the new van we don't have the layout which allows these.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We used a little caddy on the kitchen top for small stuff and I had a 20 litre fertiliser tub with lid that went in the cupboard under the side seat for anything bigger.

In the new van we don't have the layout which allows these.
We have a wee stainless bin that sits at the side of the steps up to the bed. I never use it. I’m a bit OCD so put recycling in a bag and hang off a hook by door until we see recycling bins and take rubbish out daily (or more) - we hang that by door too.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We use a Fiamma collapsible waste bin that hooks on our hab door.

1627295849772.png

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
A green recycling bag from home that lives either in the habitation door footwell or hangs through the hatch into the garage.

IMG_20210726_123007.jpg

IMG_20210726_123038.jpg

Enroute a single use carrier bag hanging from the cup holder, the same bag has been in use for about two years. The contents are transferred to the larger bag once parked.

IMG_20210726_122914.jpg

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
For the previous campervan we had a collapsible bin bag holder that lived outside, stabilised with a rock.

Nowadays we use a small bin mounted on the end of the kitchen unit. Got the idea from Autotrail's PVCs that have one as standard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The bin men put a crack in our home food waste bin,because they simply chuck it down the drive when they have emptied it:mad: but they delivered a new replacement without me mentioning anything!
So I put the new replacement one in the Vans Garage, and we place it outside the hab door with a bin liner bag inside, very handy as it holds a load of stuff and plates can be scrapped after BBQ outside before re-entering the van.
The smaller grey food waste bins that you have in your kitchen are also handy and many shops, even Sainsburys sell them.
The green ones are listed on Amazon, as are the smaller grey ones, they look the same size in pictures below, but they are not.
LES
Amazon product ASIN B07FK17KNRAmazon product ASIN B009EVMLLM

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Having had several door mounted plastic bins fail over the years I bought one of these. It has a proper metal frame and a good size strong plastic body. The best bin so far by miles. The door hanger hook can be unscrew and the frame can be screwed to the door, which is what i did.
Screenshot_20210726-130409.png

Upvote 0

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Our fridge is sideways on - one of these fancy ones you can open door either way. That means we have a blank “wall” facing the inside of the van onto which we have attached two of those hooks you can take off if not wanted. Carrier bag hangs from those. seems to work.

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The bin men put a crack in our home food waste bin,because they simply chuck it down the drive when they have emptied it:mad: but they delivered a new replacement without me mentioning anything!
So I put the new replacement one in the Vans Garage, and we place it outside the hab door with a bin liner bag inside, very handy as it holds a load of stuff and plates can be scrapped after BBQ outside before re-entering the van.
The smaller grey food waste bins that you have in your kitchen are also handy and many shops, even Sainsburys sell them.
The green ones are listed on Amazon, as are the smaller grey ones, they look the same size in pictures below, but they are not.
LES
That's what we use 😁 Bolsover Council issued recycling bin 👌
Can be used for grey water, washing van and taking cans to the recycling.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Always find wherever you put a bin it’s always in the way we usually have a black bin liner in a frame outside no clutter indoors then😊

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We have a built in rubbish bin which sits in a box behind the dinette seat. We use a pedal bin liner in it. When we're in France we buy the bathroom bin sized bags which fit perfectly but unfortunately can't buy that size in this country and we've run out of the French ones!

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
LES
I use one of those for the dog poo at home (with a liner of course!).

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
With having dogs we can't just use a carrier bag on a handle so over the years have had various bins, the most recent being the ones below:

In our previous Globecar Campscout I put a Brabanta kitchen cupboard bin at the side of the steps up to the single beds:

1 bin location.JPG

In our current Carthago the bin that came with it was in one of the lower kitchen drawers which was a nuisance if you were cooking etc as you had to keep opening and closing the drawer every time you wanted to use it and if you forgot you got a nasty bruise on your shin, not to mention it being a total waste of space so I cut the base out of a stool with a storage compartment at the top, then slotted the original bin into it so it hung below - unfortunately I haven't got a photo of the finished 'stobin' but below is the stool I adapted:

stool.jpg

Upvote 0

Deleted User
i have a 3 in one sack truck. useful for moving stuff and also holds a full size black bin bag. Worked brilliantly on my boat, not sure theres space for it in the MH yet though, we'll see!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
With having dogs we can't just use a carrier bag on a handle so over the years have had various bins, the most recent being the ones below:

In our previous Globecar Campscout I put a Brabanta kitchen cupboard bin at the side of the steps up to the single beds:

View attachment 520521

In our current Carthago the bin that came with it was in one of the lower kitchen drawers which was a nuisance if you were cooking etc as you had to keep opening and closing the drawer every time you wanted to use it and if you forgot you got a nasty bruise on your shin, not to mention it being a total waste of space so I cut the base out of a stool with a storage compartment at the top, then slotted the original bin into it so it hung below - unfortunately I haven't got a photo of the finished 'stobin' but below is the stool I adapted:

View attachment 520522
I like it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Having had several door mounted plastic bins fail over the years I bought one of these
Bought it. B&Q £22. Fitted to the back of the inside door into the garage. Works a treat. (without the over door hanger as it prevented the door from closing easily)

Upvote 1
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
We have a small swing top bin (50p from Charity shop) which lives in the shower, easily moved to dressing area when shower is being used. Recycling goes in a carrier bag on a hook by hab door. The built in bin on the hab door is used for dustpan and brush and the dog’s ball thrower.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back