Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Guys
My 12volt sky mini box connected to oyster is not giving a signal to TV. Signal test on sky box says no signal. I checked connection and all seem OK.
Is there any way to test box or reset (tried unplugging etc)
I'm thinking maybe the box has died unless anyone has any other suggestions ?
I don't have a meter but if I got one and put it on lead from dish this may confirm whether there is signal from dish ? Am I correct in that thinking ?
Cheers
Chris

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Depends on the type of meter.. A cheap in-line one still needs a voltage for the receiver, so that could still be fault..
Best option, find someone with a fixed home dish and try the receiver on that, assuming you have a mains adaptor for the Pace Javelin..
Also if you could borrow a receiver off someone you could try that on your dish..
If you get stuck I am down at JN12, Cannock but hopefully you may have friends / family nearby with a dish to try it on..

NOTE.. One of the most common faults is simple the cable slipping inside the "F" plugs. May be worth re-doing the connections just in case...

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had same problem with full size Sky box turned out that the HDMI sockets on box had stopped working I just put a scart lead on with scart to HDMI adaptor works fine now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I just have RF lead from box to TV, but that's given me an idea, I'll try scart to TV . Box too old for HDMI!
Sitting in the rain checking connections . Going to be hell up later if no Xfactor, me and the dog got nowhere to hide.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
The best way to check a box is take it to someone else whose system you know is working, connect it up and watch what happens.
If it works, then it is not the box, but your system...

The next best is buy a cheap FTA box and connect that up. If it works, then it is your sky box. if it does not work, then it is your system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back