Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Hi crowd

Anyone found a particular beautiful site high up in the dolomites which I can get to with a 7m coach built - one with views and a very dark sky and also any smaller , better looking sites around Venice (with transport in ) .

All about the views for us
Thanks in aunty Pa tissy pation:)

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
We stayed at camp Miramare Lungomare Dante Alighieri, 29, 30013 Punta Sabbioni VE, Italy

It worked well as you take the boat across via the Lido (often with Italian students and workers) to St Mark's. It's an easy drive around peninsula via some large supermarkets.
IMG_5270.jpeg

If there I highly recommend Tratoria de Madona - off the tourist trail and superb.

Upvote 1

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
We've just done camp Fusina

Cost us €60.80 all in for 2 adults 2 nights with ACSI card 24th&25th April, but think they are into high season now.

That was for a standard pitch, but we had a cracking view over the lagoon towards Venice as some of the areas were roped off.

IMG_20240425_080257.jpg

You can get a passenger ferry from outside of the site to Venice for €13 each return, starts at 8:00 and last return 18:30, and I believe that if your are staying on site you are exempt from the new tourist charge - I over heard that on reception as I was leaving, so worth confirming.

The site was worth it my eyes for seeing Queen Anne depart right outside of the campsite
20240425_083210.jpg

But, I was disappointed with Venice, even out of season it was still busy everywhere, really felt like a cattle market until you got out of the tourist areas and the gondola rides aren't cheap.

There's also an overnight carpark on Venice that you can use, not cheap at €48 for 24 hours, but may be worth looking into.
We then continued our journey down to Trieste, which was far superior to Venice and we're planning on heading back that way after Croatia

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Great suggestion as well now just the Dolomites to find :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
We've just done camp Fusina

Cost us €60.80 all in for 2 adults 2 nights with ACSI card 24th&25th April, but think they are into high season now.

That was for a standard pitch, but we had a cracking view over the lagoon towards Venice as some of the areas were roped off.

You can get a passenger ferry from outside of the site to Venice for €13 each return, starts at 8:00 and last return 18:30, and I believe that if your are staying on site you are exempt from the new tourist charge - I over heard that on reception as I was leaving, so worth confirming.

The site was worth it my eyes for seeing Queen Anne depart right outside of the campsite

But, I was disappointed with Venice, even out of season it was still busy everywhere, really felt like a cattle market until you got out of the tourist areas and the gondola rides aren't cheap.

There's also an overnight carpark on Venice that you can use, not cheap at €48 for 24 hours, but may be worth looking into.
We then continued our journey down to Trieste, which was far superior to Venice and we're planning on heading back that way after Croatia
We stayed in the same place one row back from the front. Stayed four nights & had a clear view of Venice for three of the nights.
We werent impressed with Venice, but would stay on this site again if we were to go back.

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
I Love Venice, but we stay away from the honeypots. It's not hard to avoid the main thoroughfares and explore the crevices - try the jewish quarter (Cannaregio) or around the arsenale

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Upvote 1
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Now being a cheapskate here's my tip for a gondola ride. There are ferries across the grand canal that are in a bigger version of a gondola. It was a few cents when we went years ago.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back