Site Promotion

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by Jim, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Rapide561

Rapide561

Ratings:
    +164
    What am I getting

Bryan, do you mean income in respect of advertising space or the van!

The first I cannot discuss, the second - a LHD Swift tag axle.

Russell

(No RV yet.....)

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +105,154

Russell, how kind of you, we would love the space, if you can PM me with details of the size, I can get a high resolution file to you. Please let me know by PM what the set-up costs might be, Thanks gain you are a star.

3. wilecoyote

wilecoyote

Ratings:
    +5
    PMSL mate.. now your getting the hang of it :roflmto:

4. vanessa

vanessa Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, this thread is not only promotional, but educational!! I didn't know that RV stood for Recreational Vehicle! I hadn't even thought what it might stand for, just knew it was a big Motorhome.:blush:

So, what is the technical difference between a Motorhome and a Recreational Vehicle? Apart from the Recreational Vehicle being a lot bigger than a Motorhome?:winky:

Did I get Recreational Vehicle and Motorhome in there enough times?:winky:

5. wilecoyote

wilecoyote

Ratings:
    +5
    For us in the UK..

RVs are American (generally)

Motorhomes - European (Generally)

6. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Vanessa
    A motorhome is a Recreational Vehicle, in other words a vehicle for recreational use.... Linda put up a great thread defining the word recreational vehicle some where on the site, but I can't remember where now. All sorts of vehicles are recreational vehicles, trailer tents, caravans, van conversions, B Class motorhome, C Class motorhome and A Class motorhome. The term RV is "usually" associated with an American Recreational Vehicle (ARV) because the good old British like to call motorhomes "motor caravans" :roflmto: They unfortunately miss the point :roflmto:
    I hope this helps to explain the differences between the different catagories of motorhomes and recreational vehicles ::bigsmile:

Keith

7. wildcamper

wildcamper

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Keith

Lets see if I understand what your saying!!! Americans call a motorhome a recreational vehicle and we call them motorhomes or motor caravans.
    And that Recreational vehicles come from America
    And motorhomes and motor caravans come from here.
    But can I still call my little motorhome a recreatational vehicle or do I have to call it a motorhome or motor caravan ::bigsmile:

Thanx
    Ken & Dawn

8. Adria 5

Adria 5

Ratings:
    +4
    hi the motorhome fun logo get every where jim!!!!!!!!!!:Tongue:

:Tongue:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  9. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +20
    I haven't got a clue mate :roflmto::roflmto:
    As far as I am concerned EVERY type of vehicle used for camping etc is a recreational vehicle, I hope that we have said recreational vehicle, motorhome, motor home, camper, RV etc enough times to get Google happy, coz my head is starting to hurt :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
    Take care Ken

Keith

10. wildcamper

wildcamper

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Keith,
    Ok we"ll leave the discussion about motorhomes, recreational vehicles, campervans, campers & err motor caravans till you get back home.:whatthe:
    On a serious note you all have a great time and look forward to catching up when you get home::bigsmile:

Ken & Dawn.

P.S. Don't forget if you see our motorhome give us a wave & we'll give you & your recreational vechicle a wave back :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

11. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks Ken & Dawn

Keith (Driving a recreational vehicle :roflmto:)

12. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Keith, you are definitely due for you holiday Hun.....my "Recreational Vehicle Defininition" post actually appeared on Scotjimlands www.rvfulltiming.com :roflmto:

Here it is again:-

Taken from an American website but the same can apply here in Blighty :Smile:

What is an RV?
    --------------------

There are eight generally accepted types of Recreational Vehicles. Each type is listed below along with my homey definition. If anyone can explain how these definitions were created or provide an exact definition for any of the classes I would be happy to include that information here.

RVs can be divided into two general categories. Those that have power trains (Engine, transmission, etc.) and those that do not. The ones that have power trains are called motorhomes and the one that do not are called trailers because they trail the tow vehicle. Below the motorhomes are listed first then the trailers. In each category they are listed with the larger and generally more expensive units first.

Class A Motorhome
    -----------------
    This is the largest type of motorhome. It ranges in size from about 13,000 to 30,000 pound gross vehicle weight, from 30 to 40 feet in overall length and about 10 feet high. They are generally a box on wheels with all the comforts of home inside. They are frequently constructed on custom undercarriages or on a three to ten ton truck chassis. It is easy for the passenger to move from the passenger seat to the back of the coach.Think of a Greyhound bus.

Class C Motorhome
    -----------------
    This is the next smaller size motorhome. They range in size from 10,000 to 12,000 pound gross vehicle weight, from 20 to 25 feet in length and about 10 feet high. They are generally constructed on a larger van chassis. Their driver compartment is similar to a van with a large box in the back. The passenger can move from the passenger seat to the back of the unit with slight difficulty getting around the engine hump.

Micro-Mini Motorhome
    --------------------
    This unit is similar to the Class C motorhome but they are built on light weight van chassis and are generally smaller ( 8-9 feet high) and around 6,000 pound gross vehicle weight. Drives a lot like a car with alarge box in the back. Movement of the passenger from the passenger seat to the back of the unit requires the bed to be raised or extreme agility on the part of the passenger.

Van Conversions
    ---------------
    This class is sometimes referred to as a Class B motorhome. Probably because no one knows what the real definitions are and like me can see no reason for class A and class C with no class B. These are the smallest of the fully enclosed motorhome. They are constructed on a van chassis with elevated roof lines but no modifications to the length or width of the original chassis. Gross vehicle weights are in the 6,000 to 8,000 range with heights of 7 to 8 feet high and lengths of 17 to 19 feet. Drives like a loaded van (it is).

Pickup truck mounted campers
    ----------------------------
    These are generally the smallest of the self powered RV's. They consist of a camper body of various sizes that load into the bed of an unmodified pickup truck. Usually the tail gate is removed and the camper unit is clamped to the truck. It is possible to remove the camper from the truck but this is usually a long task not something to do in a campground.

Fifth Wheel trailers
    --------------------
    These units are similar to the larger travel trailers but they have an extension on the front of the box that extends over the tow vehicle and a horizontal plate that looks like a wheel that rests on the tow vehicle for support. This plate is where the 5th wheel unit gets its name. This hitch arrangement requires a special tow vehicle, usually a pickup truck with special equipment. Many say this hitch arrangement that places the load in the center of the tow vehicle instead of behind cause more stability and easier driving.

Travel trailers
    ---------------
    These units come in a variety of sizes from a small bedroom on wheels to the equivalent of a class A motorhome minus the engine and running gear. They are built close to the ground so the overall height is lower for the same internal height as a motorhome. They are 10 to 35 feet in length and must be pulled by a separate tow vehicle. Due to weight of all but the smallest units, the tow vehicle must have a special load distributing hitch and other special devices designed to control the sway of the trailer because the load is all behind the tow vehicle.

PoP-Up trailers
    ---------------
    These are the smallest of RV's that to not have an engine. They usually have canvas sides and resemble a tent on a small flat bed trailer. They are light weight and easy to tow. Most larger automobiles can serve as tow vehicle with few modifications.

So you see.....we ALL own RVs (unless you have none of the above and are kipping in the car)

13. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and another flyer distributed today Jim :winky:

14. Adria 5

Adria 5

Ratings:
    +4
    ::bigsmile::Tongue:yes motorhome fun !!!!!!!! not facts!

ray

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  15. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +20
    Oh Ok then I will have to go away for a while..... No wonder I couldn't find it here :roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

16. jacko

jacko Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    JimJam - the page titles on this site are not exactly going to set the googlebots alight.
    ie 'MOTORHOMEFUN - FAQ' this doesnt include many searcheable keywords.
    I would have used something like 'Motorhome Fun - FAQ, Facts and Questions about Motorhomes, RVs and Campervans' Using a different set of keywords in the title on every page will increase interest from spiders.

Also you dont seem to be making use of alt tags on images.

17. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +105,154
    Thanks for the info Jacko, we will look into it. ::bigsmile:

18. vanessa

vanessa Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, now I know all about recreational vehicles of all shapes and sizes! Thank you::bigsmile:

19. 656

Ratings:
    +289
    Link Added

Link Added to my site

Dave

20. Bryan

Bryan

Ratings:
    +342
    Nice one, Dave.

Jim'll be chuffed ::bigsmile: