Site Promotion (2 Viewers)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Keith, you are definitely due for you holiday Hun.....my "Recreational Vehicle Defininition" post actually appeared on Scotjimlands www.rvfulltiming.com :roflmto:

Here it is again:-

Taken from an American website but the same can apply here in Blighty :Smile:

What is an RV?
--------------------

There are eight generally accepted types of Recreational Vehicles. Each type is listed below along with my homey definition. If anyone can explain how these definitions were created or provide an exact definition for any of the classes I would be happy to include that information here.

RVs can be divided into two general categories. Those that have power trains (Engine, transmission, etc.) and those that do not. The ones that have power trains are called motorhomes and the one that do not are called trailers because they trail the tow vehicle. Below the motorhomes are listed first then the trailers. In each category they are listed with the larger and generally more expensive units first.

Class A Motorhome
-----------------
This is the largest type of motorhome. It ranges in size from about 13,000 to 30,000 pound gross vehicle weight, from 30 to 40 feet in overall length and about 10 feet high. They are generally a box on wheels with all the comforts of home inside. They are frequently constructed on custom undercarriages or on a three to ten ton truck chassis. It is easy for the passenger to move from the passenger seat to the back of the coach.Think of a Greyhound bus.

Class C Motorhome
-----------------
This is the next smaller size motorhome. They range in size from 10,000 to 12,000 pound gross vehicle weight, from 20 to 25 feet in length and about 10 feet high. They are generally constructed on a larger van chassis. Their driver compartment is similar to a van with a large box in the back. The passenger can move from the passenger seat to the back of the unit with slight difficulty getting around the engine hump.

Micro-Mini Motorhome
--------------------
This unit is similar to the Class C motorhome but they are built on light weight van chassis and are generally smaller ( 8-9 feet high) and around 6,000 pound gross vehicle weight. Drives a lot like a car with alarge box in the back. Movement of the passenger from the passenger seat to the back of the unit requires the bed to be raised or extreme agility on the part of the passenger.

Van Conversions
---------------
This class is sometimes referred to as a Class B motorhome. Probably because no one knows what the real definitions are and like me can see no reason for class A and class C with no class B. These are the smallest of the fully enclosed motorhome. They are constructed on a van chassis with elevated roof lines but no modifications to the length or width of the original chassis. Gross vehicle weights are in the 6,000 to 8,000 range with heights of 7 to 8 feet high and lengths of 17 to 19 feet. Drives like a loaded van (it is).

Pickup truck mounted campers
----------------------------
These are generally the smallest of the self powered RV's. They consist of a camper body of various sizes that load into the bed of an unmodified pickup truck. Usually the tail gate is removed and the camper unit is clamped to the truck. It is possible to remove the camper from the truck but this is usually a long task not something to do in a campground.

Fifth Wheel trailers
--------------------
These units are similar to the larger travel trailers but they have an extension on the front of the box that extends over the tow vehicle and a horizontal plate that looks like a wheel that rests on the tow vehicle for support. This plate is where the 5th wheel unit gets its name. This hitch arrangement requires a special tow vehicle, usually a pickup truck with special equipment. Many say this hitch arrangement that places the load in the center of the tow vehicle instead of behind cause more stability and easier driving.

Travel trailers
---------------
These units come in a variety of sizes from a small bedroom on wheels to the equivalent of a class A motorhome minus the engine and running gear. They are built close to the ground so the overall height is lower for the same internal height as a motorhome. They are 10 to 35 feet in length and must be pulled by a separate tow vehicle. Due to weight of all but the smallest units, the tow vehicle must have a special load distributing hitch and other special devices designed to control the sway of the trailer because the load is all behind the tow vehicle.

PoP-Up trailers
---------------
These are the smallest of RV's that to not have an engine. They usually have canvas sides and resemble a tent on a small flat bed trailer. They are light weight and easy to tow. Most larger automobiles can serve as tow vehicle with few modifications.

So you see.....we ALL own RVs (unless you have none of the above and are kipping in the car)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Oh, and another flyer distributed today Jim :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
::bigsmile::Tongue:yes motorhome fun !!!!!!!! not facts!

ray

Last edited:
J

jacko

Deleted User
JimJam - the page titles on this site are not exactly going to set the googlebots alight.
ie 'MOTORHOMEFUN - FAQ' this doesnt include many searcheable keywords.
I would have used something like 'Motorhome Fun - FAQ, Facts and Questions about Motorhomes, RVs and Campervans' Using a different set of keywords in the title on every page will increase interest from spiders.

Also you dont seem to be making use of alt tags on images.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
JimJam - the page titles on this site are not exactly going to set the googlebots alight.
ie 'MOTORHOMEFUN - FAQ' this doesnt include many searcheable keywords.
I would have used something like 'Motorhome Fun - FAQ, Facts and Questions about Motorhomes, RVs and Campervans' Using a different set of keywords in the title on every page will increase interest from spiders.

Also you dont seem to be making use of alt tags on images.

Thanks for the info Jacko, we will look into it. ::bigsmile:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Well, now I know all about recreational vehicles of all shapes and sizes! Thank you::bigsmile:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Link Added

Link Added to my site

Dave

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Nice one Dylan! :thumb:

Wish my Webmaster was as efficient as yours! :RollEyes:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Hi

I found you via a Google.co.uk search for "motorhome forum" - you came in at around 36, which isn't bad for a relatively new site. Well done.

I do a lot of work on weblogs, and as JimJam says, much of SEO is down to relevent content and inbound links. A lot of ************** success is down to the enormous amount of content they have on site.

thanks for that rob :Smile:

we are getting stronger and better every day:Smile:

ray

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
You only did that to make me click on the link to see you link page, knowing that I would then click onto the Vehicles For Sale button and look at that damn gorgeous Landau again, again, again....... PLEASE SELL IT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
You only did that to make me click on the link to see you link page, knowing that I would then click onto the Vehicles For Sale button and look at that damn gorgeous Landau again, again, again....... PLEASE SELL IT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

You'll see it again on Friday.......Sorry Keith :Blush:

Jims (both)....You're welcome! :thumb:

V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
What is the 'legality' [if any] of spreading the word about this site to MHFacts "member" ?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nothing wrong with that, I am sure that they would benefit ::bigsmile: But...... Motorhomefacts is a business so the owner is (understandably) pretty strict about mentioning competitor sites even if it might be in his members best interests. :roflmto:

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I have left a message on my local forum telling the members about this one so hopefully you should get a few new members. That site is www.campsitereview.com and it it deals with all matters camping in all its forms, but mostly its motorhomers who use it. Its a good site for getting info on Ireland

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi bump :thumb::thumb: crack on!!!

ray

M

margian

Deleted User
Site Link

Hi Jimjam... I'm new to this site, introduced by Geo & Pammy...Will put a link on this site i look after Link Removed
Ian

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
MH Fun window rally badge thingy?

Apologies if it's here somewhere and I just haven't found it yet...:active:

...but are there any downloadable MH Fun signs I can print off to pop in our RV window when we take our boy on his first trip out 14/15 Sep to a Stars n Stripes event in Warrington?

Geo kindly directed me to an RVOC sign I've printed for one window - I'd like to put a MH Fun one in t'other side = be evenly balanced so I dont tip over doncha know :thumb:

Many thanks! Temporary measures until I get organised with a lovely smiley face sticker and such :Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Apologies if it's here somewhere and I just haven't found it yet...:active:

...but are there any downloadable MH Fun signs I can print off to pop in our RV window when we take our boy on his first trip out 14/15 Sep to a Stars n Stripes event in Warrington?

Geo kindly directed me to an RVOC sign I've printed for one window - I'd like to put a MH Fun one in t'other side = be evenly balanced so I dont tip over doncha know :thumb:

Many thanks! Temporary measures until I get organised with a lovely smiley face sticker and such :Smile:

Im like a Mother to ya :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

More promo stuffLink Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread