Rally Shrewsbury Showground Bonfire & Fireworks weekend 2nd 3rd & 4th Nov 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I’ve had a number of people ask if we can have more Bingo tonight. Lots enjoyed it the other night.
Yes definitely bingo tonight. . We are having lunch out today once we get back the room will be open for the rest of our duration. Feel free to come and join us x

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just want to say thank you to ,@Ambilkate Kate Bill & Amanda for organising yet another excellent weekend at Shewsbury the whole weekend has gone of just great The Jacobs Table last night was so nice I always find it fascinating how everything just comes together no hassle and such variety.. The fireworks again we were spoilt watching them from our VIP area and good fun with the bingo etc.
Have to mention what a nice town Shewsbury is with its wonderful award winning indoor market, and many independent shops, and pretty setting on the river. Lovely catching up with old friends and meeting such friendly new funsters
In all thank you for a great weekend Kate Bill and all that helped.
IMG_20181103_182203.jpg

Jacobs Table
IMG_20181103_113431.jpg
IMG_20181103_113200.jpg
IMG_20181103_114434.jpg

Some of the variety of stalls in the indoor market.
IMG_20181103_200401.jpg
IMG_20181103_200404.jpg

A couple of photos from the fireworks display. the

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks to Kate, Bill, Amanda and everyone else who made the weekend so special. It was a great weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. You really do work so hard Kate to make sure that everyone is so happy.

I have to say that Lisa's vegetarian curry was superb, we loved it, thank you.

We had a great and very interesting day visiting Shrewsbury's "Dana" prison with Rex and Cherry, @REKERLY. Frankly, we were very lucky to escape.

Best wishes to everyone and look forward to next year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Just relaxing in the van at Shrewsbury listening to the church bells, and it reminded me of the classic joke:
“On hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Mary went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95 year old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning." Horrified, Mary told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 years old having sex would surely be asking for trouble. "Oh no, my dear, " replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice and slow and even. Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong." She paused, wiped away a tear and then continued, "And if that damned ice cream truck hadn't come along, he'd still be alive today!"

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Time for your sleep mask Dave @daveandsan . I’ve turned my flagpole lights on.....:rofl:
040B786C-931B-4F70-BFC4-39D4DCA8EF53.jpeg

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Thank you @Ambilkate for the all the hard work and dedication you put in to making the bonfire meet so enjoyable for us all .
We had a lovely time seeing everyone
Great jacobs supper hotdogs cuppas
Games fireworks music & @Chrysalis
For lending us a electric connecter thingy.
Looking forward to the next time .
Jan & Mike.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Just want to hijack everybody else’s comments. A really good weekend, thouroghly enjoyed..
Roll on New Year’s Eve.
And next years bonfire.
The use of the room makes all the difference, everybody having a chopsathon and a laugh
Geoff and Therese

Midland Nomads

Free Member
Jan 18, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
What a great weekend at Shewsbury, wonderful city full of independent shops a fantastic indoor market. 20 minutes of delightful fireworks,good company with plenty of banter & a Jackobs table to put a banquet to shame. A special thank you to Kate Bill & Amanda for all your hard work organising a wonderful rally

Laws-Randall

Free Member
Sep 26, 2018
Funster No
..A Big Thank you Kate Bill & Amanda for a Fantastic Weekend
We really enjoyed and where make to feel welcome by All
at our 1st MotorhomeFun Rally
The Bonfire.. Fireworks and Jacobs table where awesome
The entertainment was light hearted and fun
We have met some Lovely people this weekend and I will now be a regular reader of the up and coming Rallies
Looking forward to seeing MotorhomeFun Funsters again soon
Thank you Terry & Jackie x

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
..A Big Thank you Kate Bill & Amanda for a Fantastic Weekend
We really enjoyed and where make to feel welcome by All
at our 1st MotorhomeFun Rally
The Bonfire.. Fireworks and Jacobs table where awesome
The entertainment was light hearted and fun
We have met some Lovely people this weekend and I will now be a regular reader of the up and coming Rallies
Looking forward to seeing MotorhomeFun Funsters again soon
Thank you Terry & Jackie x
Jackie, can you just ask Terry to support a decent football team please.:D

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Another fab meet by @Ambilkate Kate & Bill. Thanks for all your hard work and efforts into making sure everyone had a great time.
It was lovely to see our usual crowd but it was also great to see and meet some new faces.
Terry says “Thanks for his birthday wishes, cards and pressies, much appreciated!”
See you all again soon xx

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Thank you Amanda, Kate and Bill for all your hard work. The rally was excellent and the visit to Shrewsbury Prison with Ludo was very intesting.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Thank you Kate , Bill and Amanda for a really enjoyable weekend, we had a lot of fun. Saturday night fireworks and entertainment were excellent and the food was brilliant. Even the weather behaved itself with only a little rain on Sunday night!

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Kate , Bill and Amanda,Thanks for arranging this meet. A fantastic meet for all,I'm sure.
Chris and Red for parking us up. The Jacobs table was excellent, well done to you all.
Looking forward to the New year meet there.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Just to reiterate what others have said, thanks for a great meet.
@Ambilkate for organising it all @Chrysalis and @RedFrame for parking us up and not forgetting Bill who hardly sat down all weekend.
The weather was definitely on our side with just one small shower last night and glorious sunshine on Friday.
Nice to meet new Funsters there, hope they all enjoyed it.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
What can I add? We had a great time - good company, good food, good weather :)!
We appreciate all the hard work put in by Kate and Bill. A big thank you to them and all their helpers.(y)

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Thank you all for a great weekend, especialy Kate, Bill & Amanda

We loved Shrewsbury as it has been some time since our last visit, good laughs in the evenings and a few drinks with friends

Anna & Andy

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Agree with all the above. We had a great time on Saturday night, eating some fantastic food & chatting to "new friends".Thanks to everyone who helped in any way but especially Kate,Bill & Amanda.
Gill & Dave

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thankyou all for your lovely posts it makes it all worthwhile knowing you have all had a good enjoyable time. We could not have done it without the help of our volunteers @Mr Chrysalis /Chris & @RedFrame /Simon . They helped with the greeting & parking up and continued helping thoughtout the meet a very huge THANKYOU from Bill and I .
We really appreciated everyone's offers of help over the weekend it really helped me to know you are all there when we need you.
Thankyou to @Wildge Jude for the quiz. Terry and Chris for play your cards right. Paulune & Mike for helping clean the room before leaving this morning .
Thankyou for All those lovely raffle prizes
Plus a BIG WOW thankyou to you ALL for all the food that was placed on our Jacobs Tables, what a feast we had.
I'm sorry about Elvis not entering the building but we still had a great time.
Thankyou to ALL Funsters for making this meet happen and such a memorable one.
. Kate & Bill.

Laws-Randall

Free Member
Sep 26, 2018
Funster No
Just to reiterate what others have said, thanks for a great meet.
@Ambilkate for organising it all @Chrysalis and @RedFrame for parking us up and not forgetting Bill who hardly sat down all weekend.
The weather was definitely on our side with just one small shower last night and glorious sunshine on Friday.
Nice to meet new Funsters there, hope they all enjoyed it.
..Terry and Jackie where pleased to meet you too.
Oh and Terry says ..And the Best Team won ....Come on you Spurs..⚽️..lol..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back