Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am looking for shows I.e. steam , country, anything with something going on for a few days to have a wonder around with camping attached, done the motor home ones and looking for something else

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
I am looking for shows I.e. steam , country, anything with something going on for a few days to have a wonder around with camping attached, done the motor home ones and looking for something else
You can stay at Cheltenham racecourse (CAMC) and take the steam train to Broadway.

Winchcombe is also worth a visit.

As well as the regular weekday/weekend services, there are some special events. You could even sign up to drive a steam engine.

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Went to the RetroFest at Newbury in 2022, with MHF. It was good, although due to the overwhelming heat (30+) quite a few things didn't happen during the day as planned and it felt a bit flat, but the evenings with music and dancing were great.

You can also camp at the Midlands Air Festival in June. I was looking to do it as it's a great venue and a super lineup of display aircraft but the cost to camp is pretty high if you're a solo traveller in your van, and as it happens I'm now in Devon the following week for D-Day 80 events there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back