DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Did hunt the pins but in the meantime this just seemed to get much more complicated

We have Alde heating so pump running sounds very similar to water pump

Alde cut out I can still hear a pump noise

Press micro switch pump stops

Turn on another tap water flows but nothing from shower

Is it possible we have more than one pump?

Going to take shower hose off and check that for a blockage

But this all seems very odd we could get water from shower by turning shower tap on and then another tap made it flow, that seems to have stopped now

It could only happen in my MH o_O

Last edited:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
@BreweryDave So how long are those wires connected to the switch Dave?
About 24” but could have been cut shorter.
70C923C5-E9FC-424A-9313-D92D3EFF56B4.jpeg

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Did hunt the pins but in the meantime this just seemed to get much more complicated

We have also heating so pump running sounds very similar to water pump

Alden cut out I can still hear a pump noise

Press micro switch pump stops

Turn on another tap water flows but nothing from shower

Is it possible we have more than one pump?

Going to take shower hose off and check that for a blockage

But this all seems very odd we could get water from shower by turning shower tap on and then another tap made it flow, that seems to have stopped now

It could only happen in my MH o_O

So are you saying your shower micro switch does in fact now turn the water pump on and off when you press it with a finger to activate it? BTW, depressed is off, out is on!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
This is a brilliant case of massive funster support and a massive dose of luck

When I got my head round it I worked out that the pump was now running but the tap was in the off position

No idea what happened to bring it all back to working but a pin through the outer sleeve seems to have been the trick although I never got to get two in to test that theory

But all back together Bev can finish washing her hair 2 hours after she started :LOL::LOL:

I am only joking (y):)

Not idea quite what fixed it other than funster power (y) it certainly wasn’t my skill :LOL:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Leave shower tap open, turn on another tap, if shower tap has water coming out then it’s almost certainly the micro switch David. I concur with @BreweryDave’s post, happened to my kitchen taps twice, once when wires chafed and broken so rejoined them (last van) and once switch burnt out. Micro switch seems the way to go, make sure you get the right one for your tap, I actually got mine from Brownhills as I was passing (£15) and got CamperUK to fit it (£66 inc vat) as I can’t be arsed fiddling about, might cost a bit more for you if you have to remove the shower back! You can apparently replace the micro switch with a “pressure” switch, according to a thread on here Good luck anyway.

Leisureshop Direct good for parts, micro switches etc https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/water/caravan-taps/reich-taps/microswitches-for-reich-taps

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
The red/blue hot/cold markers do not show up on your initial pics, so I assume that the long silver outer casing rotates in order to pick the desired temperature (on our Hymer) the lever twists out to activate pump and then the lever rotates for temp), if so, then can this silver outer casing slide off horizontally to reveal the inner workings. Alternatively, the red/blue plastic markers should prise out and then, possibly, the nylon inner part then slides out. The three round indentations look to align onto pegs/spindles to facilitate this.
David.
Ps. See you have already got it sorted.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
This is a brilliant case of massive funster support and a massive dose of luck

When I got my head round it I worked out that the pump was now running but the tap was in the off position

No idea what happened to bring it all back to working but a pin through the outer sleeve seems to have been the trick although I never got to get two in to test that theory

But all back together Bev can finish washing her hair 2 hours after she started :LOL::LOL:

I am only joking (y):)

Not idea quite what fixed it other than funster power (y) it certainly wasn’t my skill :LOL:
A pin through which outer sleeve, and get two what in?

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
So, to prove it’s all working, do we get a pic of Bev in the shower now?

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I hope you weren't under the shower when it came on!
I've just returned to see your photos.
The wires rotate with the tap, contrary to the way that I'd have designed it. It's possible that the movement has fractured a wire wherever it's held firm (probably at the connection). If the problem becomes intermittent, I'd consider changing the switch (+ wires) assembly, but you may be able to reconnect it.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I know time is precious Simon but you need to waste more of it and read all the posts :)(y)

It was a suggestion of how to short the wires to test the switch (y)
Waste more time reading DavidG58’s book of Motorhome woes? I’d be here all year mate, it would be an entertaining and informative read though David, a bit like Tolstoy I guess, although perhaps not as at least that’s grammatically correct.:):rolleyes:(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back