Shocking incident - Travel Beans (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Thankfully they're both unhurt.
Must have been very scary ☹️

Yes watched that last night. Very scary indeed but, at least no one was hurt.😬😬 In the end they had a good attitude about it, and much praise went to the emergency services, and to the guy who never gave up until it was to late with his fire extinguisher..top man👍

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Never watched their channel. Only watched the first couple of minutes and dragged the slider to the firefighting, If it was me was doing my best to put his fire out while he did nothing but filmed me, I think I might have aimed the extinguisher at him.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Never watched their channel. Only watched the first couple of minutes and dragged the slider to the firefighting, If it was me was doing my best to put his fire out while he did nothing but filmed me, I think I might have aimed the extinguisher at him.
May of filmed it to help with any insurance claim possibly Jim, but see where your coming from 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Perhaps he should have give the camera to her to film and gone to help, but he didn't have a fire extinguisher so not much he could have done.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Go fund page coming soon….

They don't need it, as they will make enough money from the Youtube views to more than cover the cost of the piece of old tat that was bought for this adventure.
They are part of the band of mishap and disaster Youtube vanlifers that make their living with this sort of thing.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Watched a new ish BMW go up in flames outside Timberland Motorhomes in Chesterfield last week. Lady pulled off the dual carriageway and stopped at the entrance to the compound. Within 5 minutes it was engulfed. The fire engine was pretty quick in arriving but there was nothing left of the car after they put it out. Just a black shell - scary. Fortunately she didn't pull inside the compound or dozens of motorhomes might have been at risk!

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Could get interesting seeing its in USA and just spent quite a while in workshop , didnt cook up before that ? :)

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Personally I think you need to take a step back here.

You tubers, love them or hate them, have found a way to earn a living. You have the option to watch, or not, no one if forcing you to watch it just so you can slag them off. If you chose not to watch then you don’t provide them with any money so what is your problem?

I watch some, like Travel Beans &Tread the Globe being travel ones, and avoid others. My choice to make.

Cut them some slack will you, they provide entertainment for those who either can’t, or won’t travel. Looking at some of their travels through Europe has helped us in our travels.

Would you not like to be able to travel and experience the places they travel to? I would love to but I know I can’t go everywhere so watching them do it is the next best thing.

Live and let live!

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Personally I think you need to take a step back here.

You tubers, love them or hate them, have found a way to earn a living. You have the option to watch, or not, no one if forcing you to watch it just so you can slag them off. If you chose not to watch then you don’t provide them with any money so what is your problem?

I watch some, like Travel Beans &Tread the Globe being travel ones, and avoid others. My choice to make.

Cut them some slack will you, they provide entertainment for those who either can’t, or won’t travel. Looking at some of their travels through Europe has helped us in our travels.

Would you not like to be able to travel and experience the places they travel to? I would love to but I know I can’t go everywhere so watching them do it is the next best thing.

Live and let live!

Live and let live should work both ways or are you saying that your version of live and let live does not allow for people to have and voice an opinion ?

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You tubers, love them or hate them, have found a way to earn a living.
I'm not familiar with what they earn from YouTube, but I doubt it's a living ?
More like a few gallons of diesel per month I'd have thought for laying your life open to keyboard critics to pull apart.
Happy to be corrected.
I enjoy some of these vlogs, others not so much, so just decide which ones to watch, makes a change from terrestrial tv.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
More like a few gallons of diesel per month I'd have thought for laying your life open to keyboard critics to pull apart.
Happy to be corrected.
I enjoy some of these vlogs, others not so much, so just decide which ones to watch, makes a change from terrestrial tv.

You are very very wrong as Youtube income for a great many is their main income and some have become very wealthy by it.
I only follow a few Youtube channels, none of which are vanlifers, but several of those I follow openly state that they live well off of their Youtube income and by promoting and endorsing goods, and a good many also get a payment for each item that is bought via their link from Amazon for goods that they post to buy on Amazon.

Youtube also runs a system called Partreon in which you as a viewer can make monthly payments to monetarily support a Youtube channel that you like.

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Happy to be corrected.

Whatever you do dont look at kids playing with toys !!!!

"Ryan Kaji has been designated the highest earning YouTube star of the year 2020.
He is 9 years old.
According to Forbes, he's earned nearly $30 million from his channel.24 Dec 2020"

:doh::doh:

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You are very very wrong as Youtube income for a great many is their main income and some have become very wealthy by it.
I only follow a few Youtube channels, none of which are vanlifers, but several of those I follow openly state that they live well off of their Youtube income and by promoting and endorsing goods, and a good many also get a payment for each item that is bought via their link from Amazon for goods that they post to buy on Amazon.

Youtube also runs a system called Partreon in which you as a viewer can make monthly payments to monetarily support a Youtube channel that you like.

Interesting, I'm aware of Patreon but never felt the need to send my money to anyone on youtube, even for an "advance viewing" or to buy a crappy sticker, but I guess someone must.
If they can make a living from it then good for them, but I don't think it's without effort, cost or personal scrutiny and intrusion.
Travel Beans have 215k subscribers, I suspect they'd need to add a few 0's to earn big money, but maybe this incident will do it for them ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Travel Beans have 215k subscribers, I suspect they'd need to add a few 0's to earn big money,

I'd guess they could be earning anywhere between 2k to 12k per month. Depends on the number of views rather than the subscribers. They get nothing from me, I'm too busy for vicarious adventures. For me, even when I have the time, this type of video is the movie equivalent of fingernails on a blackboard.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'd guess they could be earning anywhere between 2k to 12k per month. Depends on the number of views rather than the subscribers. They get nothing from me, I'm too busy for vicarious adventures. For me, even when I have the time, this type of video is the movie equivalent of fingernails on a blackboard.
Yeah I’m not a fan of the “look at me” brigade….😎

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I'm guessing many of these YouTube's don't have a great deal if overheads like mortgages, car finances etc. So a little income goes a long way. If you don't earn you don't drive!!

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I used to follow them on you tube when they were travelling the world by aircraft etc.
Then covid occurred and happy travels stopped. They did what a lot of the crowd in the same space did and bought a campervan or something resembling one.
That's when I stopped watching.
There are a few genuine campervan/motorhome YouTubers out there but they are becoming a rarity.
Mike

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
These posts really annoy me. Why not try and help instead of videoing it! It’s the same sort of thing where an animal is hurt, being attacked etc They video it then gain the likes etc etc… if my van was on fire or my friends was, I would be trying to help not being the cock with a camera!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back