Service and Habitation check (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi I purchased my Swift 685 6 months ago from a dealer in Southampton it was 6 months old. It’s now due it’s first service and annual habitation check. Any localish recomendations would be appreciated (I live in South Liverpool) Will need some warranty work done on the habitation area too

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Some dealers won't take on warranty work when the motorhome was bought elsewhere.

I also suspect you might have to get your supplying dealers authority for the repairs if they will.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The Fiat chassis is no problem at any fiat professional garage. But the swift part, you are going to have a problem getting anyone other than the supplying dealer to do warranty work. Swift have a contract with the supplying dealer to do warranty work at a much reduced workshop hourly rate. The supplying dealer allows for this in the profit on any van they sell. Taking on other dealer's warranty work makes no financial sense as they would be losing money

It is a poor situation, but that is what it is. Buying from a dealer 200 miles away you might get a far better deal price wise, but you get a very bad service warranty wise

OP
OP
Fatboy1960
Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thanks folks
Some good pointers - had not realised the local dealers would not take on a MH they had not sold 🙁

you live and learn!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You need to ensure that the warranty has been transferred to you as the new owner. Usually costs around £50 and you also lose some of the warranty years, ie 10 years reduces to 6.if you take it to a nnc approved hab check company and there is a warranty issue, ask if they will undertake the repair. Or check with swift for them to organise an authorised repairer. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back