Rally [Sep 8, 2016] Twin Lakes, France Meet 2016 (17130 Souméras) (2 Viewers)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Would like to say thank you to @JaG for organising a great rally in a beautiful spot and to everyone for making us feel welcome (y)
A brilliant time was spent with Helen and Alan @scousebird and Sue and Garry "Jeff Smiff" wiv four effs @Sas r us, we hope to meet up again very soon :D

Sorry, who are you.....?(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
@Badknee sas r us and @scousebird ... Just a shame you couldn't stay a bit longer @peterc10

image.jpeg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Badknee sas r us and @scousebird ... Just a shame you couldn't stay a bit longer @peterc10

View attachment 125659
Glad you all had a good time without us!!

We have had 2 nights in a very nice new Aire in Carcassonne. Now sitting right next to the Med at Gruissan at the Aire in the port. Was going to stay one night but will stay a second if the weather is good tomorrow as promised on French TV.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Our final event of the meet at Twin Lakes France. Our cooks, Ronald and his trainee assistant Roger cook the meats to perfection. Graham Cross supplying the cocktails. :cheers:
Over the weekend the FUNSTERS will be packing up to leave on Monday.
It has been a fantastic 18 night meet with 61 motorhomers during the event. During the meet we have had a Hawaiian Night, Mr & Mrs contest, Chinese raffle, fishing contest for ladies, music quizzes, boules, to mention just a few.
Thank you to Garry Woolhouse for allowing us to use his site and being such a friendly host, Pat & Trish for helping with the initial arrivals and support throughout, Roger and Robert for keeping the booze flowing and joining in, to our Belgian friends for the friendship, music and cooking, and everyone who has helped to make it such a success. Most of all the Funsters for supporting our charity, The Air Ambulance. You raised a MASSIVE 410 Euros. Another 50 Euros was added by Garry of Twin Lakes France...FANTASTIC :clap2::clap2::clap2:
From Jean and myself...Thank You...and see you next year ....6th to 20th September 2017.
:france::france::france::france::getmecoat::getmecoat:

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
We enjoyed our stay too, even the thunderstorm that cleared the air.
Thanks for all the organisation, I should think you need a holiday
Best wishes to all
Chris and Tony

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
We would like add our appreciation to everyone for all their hard work especially Graham and Jean To all of you for being so friendly and welcoming to us and especially for making it such a special day for Merete we will be here for next years meet so looking forward to see you all then if not before once again thank you all and happy funstering

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Although we only stayed two nights towards the end we both really enjoyed ourselves and thanks to all who helped with the organization. Coming second in the music quiz to a table full of Belgiumish people just wasn't good enough and will have to be improved upon next year......

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Thankyou Graham and Jean for all your hard work, we had a smashing time! Great to catch up with all the numerous friends we have the good fortune to know too!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Thank you for letting us join you. Had a great time (y) and too much alcohol :LOL:

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Although we only stayed two nights towards the end we both really enjoyed ourselves and thanks to all who helped with the organization. Coming second in the music quiz to a table full of Belgiumish people just wasn't good enough and will have to be improved upon next year......
Actually the Belgiumish people were Ronald and Belinda from Belgium and Kevan and Julie funsters from England.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Coming second in the music quiz to a table full of Belgiumish people just wasn't good enough and will have to be improved upon next year......
I guess that means that Dirk & Marlene & their friends took the top spot. :sneaky:

I remember them impressing us last year with their encyclopedic knowledge of English & American music. If anyone is still there, please say 'Hi' to them from Simon & Jane. Tell Dirk I'm still enjoying the occasional Duval.

Reactions: JaG
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Actually the Belgiumish people were Ronald and Belinda from Belgium
Ah - now my memory fails me trying to remember if they were the other Belgium couple with Dirk & Marlene or not. Either they were, or Belgium has produced a lot of very musically knowledgable people who take their holidays in France!

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
I guess that means that Dirk & Marlene & their friends took the top spot. :sneaky:

I remember them impressing us last year with their encyclopedic knowledge of English & American music. If anyone is still there, please say 'Hi' to them from Simon & Jane. Tell Dirk I'm still enjoying the occasional Duval.
No Simon, Dirk was running the quiz. I passed on your regards and he sends greetings (y) plus some fiendish questions for our music quiz at Hoylake :D
Jude

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Many thanks to Graham & Jean for making it all possible.(y)
Graham especially, he did not stop all Meet long.:hot::hot:
It was a wonderful experience..we met friends old & made some new ones.:gum:
We've already booked for 2017 !!!
Thanks to everyone for the fun:drinks:
Chris & Viv XX

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Twin Lakes photo album is empty :( Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Jim,
The Twin Lakes photo album is empty :( Broken Link Removed
At Cambrils at the moment with poor Internet so will sort it as soon as I can. Got loads to put on.
Anyone else.....please put what you have on...especially @Graham and Jane
thanks

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Will put a few on but have copied a lot from others on FB so will let them put on their own. Don't want to get into trouble with copyright :Eeek:

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry our Internet is not much cop either :( Will try again later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Now a total of ten pages of photos from the Meet. You can see them here.
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Today we presented a cheque for £406.55p to the Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
This is what was raised during the Meet at Twin Lakes Caravan Park, Soumeras, France between 8th and 26th September 2016 by Garry & Jan, owners of the park and the 61 MotorhomeFun Funsters that turned up during the Meet.
A huge Thank You from us and them for the generosity everyone showed.

DLRAA.jpg

Cheque.jpg

Attachments

• Cheque.jpg
    Cheque.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008