Rally [Sep 8, 2016] Twin Lakes, France Meet 2016 (17130 Souméras) (5 Viewers)

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
We are due to travel to France for our very first visit on 8th September.
Not sure how confident we'll be driving in France for the first time so it may be too far for us. Can we just turn up for a few days without booking if we travel that far?

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We are due to travel to France for our very first visit on 8th September.
Not sure how confident we'll be driving in France for the first time so it may be too far for us. Can we just turn up for a few days without booking if we travel that far?
Yes of course you can. You will be very pleasantly surprised how easy it is to drive in France...far easier than the UK.
Enjoy your trip down..just take your time and enjoy the views and places of interest. You will be made very welcome if you do come down and will loads of Funsters.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks, I wasn't going to book on web site but by contacting you on here (prices higher on web lol). I would like to have EHU but will see how things on arrival.
What your name ( who I hames cheating with now?)
We are Graham & Jean. There is currently no EHU as they were all booked up in November 2015. The rates you pay are Rally Rates for MotorhomeFun Funsters. (15E with EHU & 12E without)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Graham. Nikki and I hope top just turn up at some point with the bears? not planned anything other than being in France. is there room or do we have to book online? can you also give me the exact measurements of the nearest shop in inches please?
will it be ok if I keep driving around until my 4g picks up a signal and then just stop exactly at that point and camp?
can you tell me exactly what I will be getting for my £10 now that you have @canopus helping out? will he park me up and then fetch water for me before putting my awning up? I know it says there's no electric hook up but I need to run my TV to ensure that I keep up to date with Big brother, Eastenders, Corrie and the news. Is it ok if I use my 10kw platform 2 stroke generator? I will switch it off between midnight and 2 am to make sure that people get some sleep.
Also if I dont like the pitch that canopus picks for me is it ok if I nip over and get someone else to move so i can have their pitch?

It sounds like you have it easy doing this meet :)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Intermache.jpg
Graham. Nikki and I hope top just turn up at some point with the bears? not planned anything other than being in France. is there room or do we have to book online? can you also give me the exact measurements of the nearest shop in inches please?
will it be ok if I keep driving around until my 4g picks up a signal and then just stop exactly at that point and camp?
can you tell me exactly what I will be getting for my £10 now that you have @canopus helping out? will he park me up and then fetch water for me before putting my awning up? I know it says there's no electric hook up but I need to run my TV to ensure that I keep up to date with Big brother, Eastenders, Corrie and the news. Is it ok if I use my 10kw platform 2 stroke generator? I will switch it off between midnight and 2 am to make sure that people get some sleep.
Also if I dont like the pitch that canopus picks for me is it ok if I nip over and get someone else to move so i can have their pitch?

It sounds like you have it easy doing this meet :)
Phew...brought back nightmare memories of Wrenbury.:swear2: :crying:
LOL, you are so funny Paul. Just a pity that Hilldweller is not here to complete the double..:clap2:
There is plenty of room and No, you don't need to book, just turn up with radio blaring out Shaggy's Angel, blow your horn relentlessly with headlights on full beam....anytime between 2am and 6am.
Assuming you park 50m in on the Lakeside area and, because you have such a big van now, you park in Row 10 at the Intermache the distance will be 2610m. This will be 5 minutes by car or 26 minutes walking on a cool day.
The best 4G signal is in the Car Park in the centre of Montendre two miles away, though I have heard it is also good in the middle of the lake. :reel:
For your £10 you get a whole bunch of Funsters that are there to rib each other, take the p*** out of Kipor and 2 stroke owners and leave the area looking like Glastonbury every morning.
I am sure Canopus will 'deal' with all of your needs. He is to me like your No.1 Co-Marshal was to you at Wrenbury :notworthy2: ... Anyone with a problem must also come up with a solution. Everyone is allowed to complain..just before they are asked to leave.
You can you use the generator at any time, day or night....as long as you are parked up in Jonzac, which is 10 miles away.
There is a TV lounge which hosts all the soaps...at least until someone comes along and just turns it over to football, but this only happens between Monday and Friday and from 6pm to 11pm.
If Canopus puts you on a pitch it will be because he has assessed you and decided you are nice to know and be with the 'noisy bunch', or he not nice to know and you will have squirrels dropping nuts on the roof of your motorhome, covered in sap, facing a North wind and in a mud hole. All appeals will be heard by Jean and myself...in October.
Come on down, enjoy your stay.... it's going to be a holiday you will not forget...even if you want to.
:france: :cheers:

Last edited:

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Graham ferry all booked traveling over thursday night 08th and will be down with you in a couple of days :reel: :party2::party2::party2::reel::reel::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug: so see you all soon Rob & Deb . PS Please do not feed those fish any french sticks ,got casting them down to a fine art :sun::sun::sun::sun:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:)The missus (SWMBO) asks..are there any laundry facilities on site ??:giggle::giggle:
She was looking at my smalls as she asked:whistle::whistle:...Is she trying to tell me something ??o_Oo_O

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
A Scrubbing Board and a bar of soap there is plenty of room around the lakes :rofl::rofl::rofl: see you out there safe trip both

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Kevan hope you have been practicing casting those french sticks ( have got a rocket launcher ) :reel::spam::party2:soaked mine in cider lol see you when we get there and you and jul's have a safe trip down

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
:)The missus (SWMBO) asks..are there any laundry facilities on site ??:giggle::giggle:
She was looking at my smalls as she asked:whistle::whistle:...Is she trying to tell me something ??o_Oo_O
Yes a washing machine is available at 5E. No discount for half a load, lol

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
We plan to arrive on Sunday 11th and will be away from home for only a month in total. Why would there be any need to wash my XXXXXLs?

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Hi Kevan hope you have been practicing casting those french sticks ( have got a rocket launcher ) :reel::spam::party2:soaked mine in cider lol see you when we get there and you and jul's have a safe trip down
Hi mate we will be there a couple of days early, towing the car on the A-frame Gary reckons its OK, if they make us unhook Julie will just drive it down, We have got a trailer but we are going to be guinea pigs, WATCH THIS SPACE:)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi mate we will be there a couple of days early, towing the car on the A-frame Gary reckons its OK, if they make us unhook Julie will just drive it down, We have got a trailer but we are going to be guinea pigs, WATCH THIS SPACE:)
Thanks Kevan,
Good luck with the tow down. :angel:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000

Remind her she's on Bl**dy holiday :D
:moon2: You can make 'em last ages by turning on alternate days and hanging out Tuesdays and Fridays....:rofl: :rofl:

and on a more serious note :reel:

:rolleyes: Does anyone know if there is Fly fishing available on site or is it only Course fishing ?
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Course fishing only.
I am going to PM you as we have the answers you are looking for.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Twin Lakes EHU.jpg
Twin Lakes Attendance - _002.jpg
Twin Lakes Attendance - 1.jpg
The Final Countdown has begun!
Only 9 days before the Meet begins and time to get 'excited. We leave tomorrow making our way down to Twin Lakes. There is loads of room on site if anyone fancy's dropping in on their way to or from anywhere. If you do you will probably want to say longer...many have.
I have attached the final EHU list and those attending. Check your locations as some have moved and no longer sharing. Unfortunately we have lost Canopus for the whole rally, including Cambrils because his wife Lynda has had an accident and sustained an injury that cannot be sorted in time. I am sure you will want to join me in wishing her full recovery quickly.
Look forward to meeting old friends and new ones. :france: :reel: :cheers:

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jag
Just to let you know we will be arriving on the 16th now instead of 13th as making visits on way down hope this is ok
Look forward to see you all
Sally47

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all that Twin Lake Time is creeping up on us Sailing out Thursday Night staying at Calais for the night then traveling down to Chateaudun ( friday ) then down to St. jean-de-Luz for a couple of days THEN up to Twin Lakes for some fishing and partying:reel::reel::party2::party2::party2: Only going to kiss the ones which wear lipstick :whistle::whistle::whistle: z

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back