Rally [Sep 8, 2016] Twin Lakes, France Meet 2016 (17130 Souméras) (1 Viewer)

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Currently at Fontet. We should be popping in tomorrow afternoon to see you all.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well we've had a lovely couple of days here - the Chinese Auction yesterday was a revelation - we all wanted the Aboriginal stone, but that and the bottle of Spanish brandy were hotly contested (grabbed/nicked) from the unlucky winner, and finally won by someone else. I won this..
image.jpeg

We could have done with it last week @Mousy!

We cycled to Soumeras today, but got lost (as is usual) and ended up in Montendre. We saw this and just thought it was odd - a shop that sold nothing but stockings...
image.jpeg

Nothing but stockings - I thought it was so wierd until I saw the shop directly opposite....
image.png

image.jpeg

=

image.jpeg

How a sleepy french village can turn into a nylon stocking wearing, rifle branding, 'justice dealing' outfit - I just don't know! Luckily I think the gunshots we've heard all day have been aimed at ducks/pheasants/wild boar and not us!

We have been fishing all day, caught nuffin cept the sun, which is fine by me. The fish are still laughing at us - the reel 'ran' the second Cliff's back was turned - it did the same with me when he'de gone up to get a sandwich from the van (I have to admit I was reading my book at the time and may have been a tad slow in my reactions......) But the slippery buggers still seem to have the upper hand....and are proving resistant to the expensive bait he has brought from home.. But it's still early days...

Music quiz tonight - we came fouth, but the last question was 'who sang Tiptoe Through the tulips' - well @Janine - I heard the uke and before I knew it I was up and orchestrating the whole audience in a full rendition! Even ukeless I didn't let you down!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Another hot day today with Funsters doing all sorts...some to Bordeaux on the train, some cycling around the country roads, some in the pool, some fishing :reel:and some relaxing....in the bar area. :cheers:.
Today was Marlene's OG1..Birthday.:birthday: Martin bought her two lovely cakes and they were joined by all the Funsters to help them celebrate...just what they are good at. :wine:
Today we had five Funsters join us and they were introduced to the group. :welc:
Reminder for the rest of this week....Mr & Mrs on Tuesday at 8pm...Ladies fishing competition on Wednesday at 1030am...Quiz with Neville on Thursday at 8pm...Hawaiian Evening and professional Karaoke on Saturday and Jambon Roast on Sunday evening.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We have now departed, so the pitch in the naughty corner is now available.
Thanks to all you fine funster folk for a great time and the entertainment, highlight has to be the impromptu rendition of 'Tiptoe through the tulips' during the music quiz.
Special thanks to the @JaG for arranging the meet and all the crew of helpers.
Sorry we didn't get to see everybody before we left but I'm sure we will bump into you again, if not in Beni this winter then at the meets next year.
We are now on an aire north west of Toulouse, it is still hot but very windy and the man is forecasting moocho rain tonight, let's hope it clears the air.
Carry on partying.
Cheers and Thanks again.
Ed and Shirley.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Is Mr and Mrs still on Graham @JaG ?! :Eeek:
If so, do you have a dinghy to come and get us please......
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
So funny. Mr & Mrs cancelled due to torrential rain storm. The wind came up all of a sudden, the rain ran in at 90 degrees. I went down to the bar area and there were over a dozen folk all huddled together trying to keep dry from the driving rain. They even had the pool table cover in front of them. It was then that I asked why they were out here instead of in the lounge 30 yards away. Oops, forgot to tell them about the lounge. The water was like a river past the lounge so I grabbed a brush and frantically ' parted the water' so each could run in. True to Funsters style we all had a laugh, soaking wet and ordered another drink until it eased off. Some decided to wait until the next wave came in and are still there. Love these guys to bits. Mr and Mrs now tomorrow evening at 8pm.

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Has anyone found all the 19 caravan manufacturers yet???

You can tell we are bored as we didn't make it to the bar :LOL:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So funny. Mr & Mrs cancelled due to torrential rain storm. The wind came up all of a sudden, the rain ran in at 90 degrees. I went down to the bar area and there were over a dozen folk all huddled together trying to keep dry from the driving rain. They even had the pool table cover in front of them. It was then that I asked why they were out here instead of in the lounge 30 yards away. Oops, forgot to tell them about the lounge. The water was like a river past the lounge so I grabbed a brush and frantically ' parted the water' so each could run in. True to Funsters style we all had a laugh, soaking wet and ordered another drink until it eased off. Some decided to wait until the next wave came in and are still there. Love these guys to bits. Mr and Mrs now tomorrow evening at 8pm.
Well if it's any consolation it has not let up since it started about two hours ago and still thundering and lightning here at blaye a

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Ye
Has anyone found all the 19 caravan manufacturers yet???

You can tell we are bored as we didn't make it to the bar :LOL:
Yep, I got them all.
Oh, I remember now, it is our quiz.
:rofl: :rofl:
Welcome today to Johnny Knife... Johnny and Linda. They battled the storm to make it to the bar.
:welc:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed in and watched The Lady in the Van with the @Popeye s. By this I mean we all watched the film and were not spying on Ali, Jay, or Pamela...... :rofl: I know - My joke is as wet as the rain that is pissistantly falling on my van....... But we have it on good authority that the sun will come out tomorrow... Betch your bottom dollar...... (y)

Reactions: JaG

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
What I was saying was a quote from the book I used when studying for Day skipper or YachtMaster all those years ago..........

..........."At this point the prudent Skipper would shorten sail".

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Proof of @JaG being Moses parting the flood waters to allow us to escape the lounge!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 24

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We have now departed, so the pitch in the naughty corner is now available.
Thanks to all you fine funster folk for a great time and the entertainment, highlight has to be the impromptu rendition of 'Tiptoe through the tulips' during the music quiz.
Special thanks to the @JaG for arranging the meet and all the crew of helpers.
Sorry we didn't get to see everybody before we left but I'm sure we will bump into you again, if not in Beni this winter then at the meets next year.
We are now on an aire north west of Toulouse, it is still hot but very windy and the man is forecasting moocho rain tonight, let's hope it clears the air.
Carry on partying.
Cheers and Thanks again.
Ed and Shirley.
Was nice meeting you @Sheddy

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
For the attention of J & G. Hello J & G I am now back home after having spent 8 days in in hospital in Ares nr Bordeaux. I was flown home by air ambulance, courtesy of Red pennant,
to Biggin Hil. then by ambulance to my local hospital. A driver brought back my Motorhome to my home also through Red Pennamt. Thank God I was covered.
Now the unhappy part. I'm afraid we won't be able to take part this year at Twin lakes and am desperately sorry to have to cancel. Please convey our good wishes to all at Motor home fun
and continue to enjoy your holiday. Best wishes, Billy & Gwen

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
For the attention of J & G. Hello J & G I am now back home after having spent 8 days in in hospital in Ares nr Bordeaux. I was flown home by air ambulance, courtesy of Red pennant,
to Biggin Hil. then by ambulance to my local hospital. A driver brought back my Motorhome to my home also through Red Pennamt. Thank God I was covered.
Now the unhappy part. I'm afraid we won't be able to take part this year at Twin lakes and am desperately sorry to have to cancel. Please convey our good wishes to all at Motor home fun
So sorry You have had such bad luck with illness while out here. Thank goodness you had good cover and were able to get home. We hope you recover quickly...you are in the right place to be treated.
Thanks for letting us know...there is always next year and I will tell all the Funsters here tonight at our Mr and Mrs night.
Best wishes, Jean and Graham

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A speedy recovery to you.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sorry to hear your news @eroom keep your pecker up and as for @Ali n Tim , they have been picking on popeye and using him as a Vodka Guinea pig And getting him too p1$$ed to ride his trike.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Thank you Graham and Jean for letting us join you for 2 days (unfortunately all the time we had). Lovely to meet the Popeye's, Cliffandger and Ali-n-tim, hope to see you all again on our travels.
Dave and Jay

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
What's the weather like at Twin Lakes please?

We have got as far as the banks of the Seine but have been stuck here for the last 3 days because of a lovely Aire and really warm weather. It may be time to head south but the forecast is saying that is not very good for you. Is that right??

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi there @JaG hoping to arrive at Twin Lakes tomorrow lunchtime if that's still okay? Currently in Royan and Looking forward to seeing everyone . Have got our grass skirts and Malibu for Saturday night, even Darcy has an Hawaiian bandanna :)(y)
Jez+Lin

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
What's the weather like at Twin Lakes please?

We have got as far as the banks of the Seine but have been stuck here for the last 3 days because of a lovely Aire and really warm weather. It may be time to head south but the forecast is saying that is not very good for you. Is that right??
Weather is set to get good by Saturday. Just showers and around 21C during the day.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We
Hi there @JaG hoping to arrive at Twin Lakes tomorrow lunchtime if that's still okay? Currently in Royan and Looking forward to seeing everyone . Have got our grass skirts and Malibu for Saturday night, even Darcy has an Hawaiian bandanna :)(y)
Jez+Lin
Welcome to come anytime. Looking forward to seeing you again, as are Pat and Trish.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Who won mr and mrs?!:LOL: I'm intrigued to know! Was there a humongous amount of cheating??!:drinks:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
What a fantastic evening we had at Twin Lakes.
It all began with the Mr and Mrs Quiz, with four couples taking part.....Cliff & Geraldine, Graham & Jane, Viv & Chris and Robert & Deborah.
Cliff did not give the right answer when he said the one thing or person he would take on a desert island was his fishing rod. Not was he correct with the nurse's uniform for Geraldine. It is obvious that Cliff is destined to be exiled to a desert island with his fishing rod, dressed in a nurse's uniform with a copy of Love Story to keep him company.
The highlight of the evening was having last year's winners, Pam and Mick ( who could not be with us due to illness) join us for the whole event on Skype. They officially handed over the clock to the new winners of 2016. Congratulations to Viv and Chris - The Mogs on becoming Mr & Mrs Twin Lakes 2016. They got 18 out of 20 questions right.
During the interlude Geraldine played the Ukulele, playing a rendition of the MotorhomeFun song, written by herself and videoed to be put on the Forum for all to see. After the event she went on to sing several other songs, and even managed to get the audience to sing Wymoway in some sort of harmony.
Thank you to everyone for making the evening such a success.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back