Semi air suspension (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis 140
Hey hunters, I am looking into semi air suspension and have settled on VB suspension, I would like to hear back from other funsters with their experiences and the benefits of having it.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Not another thread being started on air suspension! This has been discussed at length on many threads. Why not do a search first, rather than expect contributors to re-post their views yet again, then if you have any remaining points needing clarification go ahead and ask.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Oct 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis 140
Not another thread being started on air suspension! This has been discussed at length on many threads. Why not do a search first, rather than expect contributors to re-post their views yet again, then if you have any remaining points needing clarification go ahead and ask.
Thanks for nothing, nice to know this place has some really helpful people!!!

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2021
Bideford
Funster No
MH
Tabbert 740 A-class
Exp
Hi Peggy

We had VB adjustable rear air fitted on our van more for the extra payload and picking the rear up when overhang close on ferry dismount,
LennyHB said better off with good tyres!! we changed our CP tyres and that was a massive difference in ride quality for the money spent..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Oct 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis 140
Hi Peggy

We had VB adjustable rear air fitted on our van more for the extra payload and picking the rear up when overhang close on ferry dismount,
LennyHB said better off with good tyres!! we changed our CP tyres and that was a massive difference in ride quality for the money spent..
Hi
Hi Peggy

Hi Oisin,

Thanks for the reply, so you have VB and new tyres which tyres? Or that going to open up a new set of grumpy old gits repying 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I have dash mounted controls for mine and alter the pressure a lot. Higher for motorways, lower for rough country roads. Raise the back when needed and lower it when arse up on the pitch.

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
I have dash mounted controls for mine and alter the pressure a lot. Higher for motorways, lower for rough country roads. Raise the back when needed and lower it when arse up on the pitch.
Just jumping in here. What's the rationale for the rear air being higher on motorway than rough roads? Intuitively I would have thought the opposite but I'm not an expert on semi-air (even though we have it fiited); just want to make sure we are not missing a trick...

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
That is one of the most unhelpful replies I have seen in a long time. A well mannered reply such as this subject has been discussed at length on several occasions. If you care to research them first if you are unable to find the information from there come back and ask away. Whilst it’s is true that many helpful members have posted at length much needed information and it is there for all to see and there is no need to duplicate it, comments such as yours could dissuade people from posting and lead to a reduced membership.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Hi Peggy
I’ve fitted mar-tech rear semi air , they do too different airbag with one rated at 4000 kg and one rated 5000 kg , I fitted my self cost was £380 has control and compressor and it improved ride quality and enable me to better level van on site .
I can tilt van left or right. And lower and raise rear . Main reason for UP PLATING van WEIGHT with VWE .
Also As suggested by Lenny I did change tyres as I had cp on rear which are hard . Vb semi air seems to be highly recommended on here . So you be ok with them .
Hope this helps .

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Why do you want semi air suspension?

I have a very basic version, no on board compressor, no controls in the cab. I have it to support the rear suspension as I carry a motorbike and 2 electric bikes.

I set it to 2.5 bar 2 years ago and haven't touched it since. It's does the job. Can't see the point in changing levels for different roads etc. Never need to changed ride height. It's a motorhome not a track/race car or off roader.

Upvote 0
Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
Contributors initial opinions could have changed, an up to date overview is well worth while on such an extensive piece of work.

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We have it fitted , with dash board controls . Makes a heck of a difference to the ride , especially around corners and roundabouts . Can feel a little rough unless you soften on Belgium roads and very useful for making minor level adjustments rather than getting the ramps out - done that 3-4 times already on this trip alone

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I have recently thought of getting new tyres because my rear crashes on rough roads and was terrible, I’ve already had air suspension on the back but it was around 10-15psi (1-1.5bar) so I pumped it up I to 2.5bar and it’s made a hell of a difference to a better ride, I still will be replacing my tyres because I want winters on and hopefully the ride will be even better…👍🏼

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just jumping in here. What's the rationale for the rear air being higher on motorway than rough roads? Intuitively I would have thought the opposite but I'm not an expert on semi-air (even though we have it fiited); just want to make sure we are not missing a trick...
I don’t inflate for the height on motorways, I inflate it to make the rear firmer, and so be less effected by gusts when I pass lorries, or if a sudden manoeuvre was required.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back