Exp
since 2010
Hi
LHD ARTO FOR SALE.
Already advertised here.
New to selling privately.
Is Ebay the best option?
Any other suggestions please?
Has anyone sold privately, and do you get lots of time wasters.

Thanks
Confused and bewildered.
Which, to be fair, is not unusual 🤔

Karen

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I sold one on Autotrader several responses and no scams. I've not tried eBay but there's more scammers on there

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Don’t know about eBay but we sold successfully on auto trader.
Only one daft offer of ”cash today” from a guy with a funny accent ;)
A couple of time wasters on a day out,but they’re to be expected

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi
LHD ARTO FOR SALE.
Already advertised here.
New to selling privately.
Is Ebay the best option?
Any other suggestions please?
Has anyone sold privately, and do you get lots of time wasters.

Thanks
Confused and bewildered.
Which, to be fair, is not unusual 🤔

Karen
There is a N+B facebook page, might be worth posting it there.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Ebay is a another good form of advertising but just treat is like any other sale. Any serious buyer will visit anyway. You don't have to do the purchase transaction though Ebay even if the customer originally contacts you though ebay. Just pretend it doesn't sell and let the ad run out like you would in autotrader. Just ignore any possible scammers and don't hand over anything until the money is safely in your bank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
I've successfully sold a moho, a caravan and two cars privately using Preloved and/or Gumtree; I used both, but can't remember which one was more successful, maybe both equally. It was quite painless and straightforward. Suggest you secure a deposit and get final payment via BACS, not releasing the vehicle until the money appears in your account.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We sold our previous motorhome on eBay within 12 hours of advertising. Deposit rec'd in the bank of £500 and then balance a few days later. Waited for transaction to clear before releasing the motorhome and then moved the money to a different account (not sure that was necessary but it felt the right thing to do) Had additional paperwork signed when the vehicle was collected re sold as seen, no return etc

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We sold on eBay ….advertised on a classified listing sold to first people who viewed. Money was in our account the same day
We could have sold it 20 times over and had a waiting list of people wanting to view.
We even had 3 dealers who were prepared to offer the full asking price.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just pretend it doesn't sell and let the ad run out like you would in autotrader.
No need as the best thing is to do a classified as so you can sell whenever you want, it's cheaper than auction ones too.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
We sold on eBay ….advertised on a classified listing sold to first people who viewed. Money was in our account the same day
We could have sold it 20 times over and had a waiting list of people wanting to view.
We even had 3 dealers who were prepared to offer the full asking price.

If you had 3 dealers willing to pay asking price then you could have got 10-20% more privately.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Facebook marketplace worked for me as I linked it to a few motorhome selling pages. All messages through Messenger and the twits were soon spotted and blocked accordingly.
Ended up with a couple of potential buyers who turned up at an agreed price but then proceeded to offer less without any other reason that they were there and would pay now and turned both down flat. Sold to a dealer at the asking price without any hassle and then had both of the viewers contact me offering the agreed price 🤷‍♂️ too late mate it’s gone.
If it’s a good van and priced right it will sell quickly without you needed to pay for advertising it.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have sold motorhomes and boats on Gumtree it's free.
Do it from a pc or tablet and upload 20 pics
Do it from a phone and can only up load 9 🤷‍♂️.

Ebay list it as a classified and it's a flat price and no commission their way. And listed for 28days.

Either one expect the silly questions and tyre kickers and spam.
I never list an email a/d for replies but a spare phone number is handy.

Or as previously mentioned owners group on f/b.

And
Good luck with sale

Feb 10, 2017
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2014
I was going to suggest trying another device (phone or tablet) but just checked on eBay and I can’t see it either using Niesmann Bischoff Arto

Maybe the advert is still in a pending state

Jul 3, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato MWB, DIY :-)
Exp
10 years campervanning, 60+ camping
We sold our VW on ebay classified. Though sub£10k at 17years old and 240k... I wanted a fair sale to someone who knew what they wanted and could look after it, and priced to sell rather than "test the market". After a couple of daft messages from cowboys, a local couple came round, and wanted it. Proper face to face transaction: ascertain honesty, test drive, check the doc file, negotiate.
Payment by bank transfer over the phone, you confirm on yours, sorted. Then cancel the ad, so very cheap.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Nope cannot see it on eBay, noticed it on here a week or so ago and thought it would sell straight away..

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I can't find it either

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Thank you all for looking. I have contacted Ebay, it is live, but not yet visible in searches.
Fingers crossed it appears, and more importantly, that it sells.
Peter Clark viewed it, and was keen, but couldn't get reasonable insurance, due to his claims history.
So, I am surprised it hasn't sold yet. Maybe the market has slowed, with the cost of living crisis.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Thank you all for looking. I have contacted Ebay, it is live, but not yet visible in searches.
Fingers crossed it appears, and more importantly, that it sells.
Peter Clark viewed it, and was keen, but couldn't get reasonable insurance, due to his claims history.
So, I am surprised it hasn't sold yet. Maybe the market has slowed, with the cost of living crisis.
Where is the van ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back