Self levelling system price? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
We’re picking up our Burstner Elegance soon and I was thinking of getting a self levelling system put on, but have just been told that because it’s tag axel and 5 tonnes, it’ll be about £6k! Has anybody got experience and is that about right? Thanks

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Was that something like £500 to remove, £1k to refit at a later date ( as it is unlikely you can do the swap in one visit)

Upvote 0
May 21, 2014
Brixham Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria twin
Exp
Over 10 years
I think its all to do with mobility as we are both over 70 it is a joy to get level and we usually only stop for a night or two, lots of aires and low cost stops. Used every stop, and for my van with a "suitcase" grey water tank it is great to ensure that the tank is empty. we change the van rarely so all these goodies get cheaper the longer they are used for. we have a small 6.00m Adria van 09 plate, comfortable permanent bed suits us, can park it in a supermarket space, what's not to like. Also prevents theft as the van cannot be driven with a jack down, an older van is not such a target for thieves.

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
any idea on the cost to strip the installation off a MH and move to a new one (if one were to sell the original MH?
We paid SAP under 1500 to take off, store, refurbish (they replaced the pipework) and put onto the new van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Success,
Managed to get the E&P App to work with the levellers on my van😁

Handy as a back up if the touch pad goes Tit’s up😂😂

07415474-110D-4D2B-A4E6-F693B346A3A9.png

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
any idea on the cost to strip the installation off a MH and move to a new one (if one were to sell the original MH?
When mine were fitted, I was told expect a swop over to be around £1000. That would only increase if the vehicle size was so different that new (different size in other words) jacks were required.

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'm easily tempted by gadgets & gizmos...
So does anyone have one of these levelling systems on a little PVC?

Upvote 0

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
When mine were fitted, I was told expect a swop over to be around £1000. That would only increase if the vehicle size was so different that new (different size in other words) jacks were required.
That certainly makes the proposition more attractive, as the initial outlay / future cost is somewhat mitigated if it can be removed and fitted onto a new van, or if you were to sell the van.
I wonder if there is any merit in paying a bit more on the initial installation to fit uprated jacks to future proof it and prevent the need to buy new hardware in future (I appreciate this is a bit of a "what if" scenario, and there may be practical obstacles to fitting larger jacks than required)

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Earlier post said £250 to connect to their network, did you pay this?.

Mickey.
Luckily I never, tried a few times to try and link the app to the van with no luck Robert Clark said how he did his, had a try of that and it works😁😁

It’s handy to have but not £250 + a trip to have it calibrated handy😁

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Was that something like £500 to remove, £1k to refit at a later date ( as it is unlikely you can do the swap in one visit)

That was going down with the previous van, it took them 1/2 a day to take the kit off then they just kept a hold of it till I took the new van to them as we where having VB 4C air fitted to the new van as well.

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I find these comments about ‘the app’ interesting on E&P, it appears to be a costly or difficult to use/set up option that possibly isn’t worth the bother.
On the HPC system it’s by far the best way of operating the system, no connecting to HPC HQ, the app just gets updated automatically as and when, like any other app on your phone. It’s extremely simple and reliable, start the engine, open your phone, press the app, connect, operate.
All done in seconds using Bluetooth. We never use the touch screen panel as it’s so much easier for either of us to use our phones from wherever we may be, outside or inside the motorhome.
It wasn’t an option, it was just included in the fitting.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010

Think the price depends on what it's coming off and what it's going on position of pump, wether chassis mounted or internal locker. We had the pump put into a neat little box mount outside on the chassis.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Thing I like about the old E&P remote although a little large is its easy to hold and if you do manage to drop it when clambering about outside in all weathers no harm done I think you could drive over it and it would still be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJT
Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Thing I like about the E&P remote although a little large is its easy to hold and if you do manage to drop it when clambering about out side in all weathers no harm done I think you could drive over it and it would still be fine.
I must be getting mixed up with different levelling systems, one said the remote was flimsy and that they were frightened it would damage easily.

Mickey.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I must be getting mixed up with different levelling systems, one said the remote was flimsy and that they were frightened it would damage easily.

Mickey.
Mickey sorry for the confusion our E&P system is 6 years old I am talking about the old style remote which was then superceded by the new detachable style remote

Old style
download.jpeg

New style
download (1).jpeg

Upvote 0

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
One bit of kit I would love to have fitted but at 5k plus that’s a large chunk of money that will not add value to the MoHo.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
One bit of kit I would love to have fitted but at 5k plus that’s a large chunk of money that will not add value to the MoHo.
Perhaps not but it sure adds value to the levelling experience on a tag axle. Plus if I was offered two similar moh’s I would pay extra for the one with jacks now I know how good they are 👍

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I find these comments about ‘the app’ interesting on E&P, it appears to be a costly or difficult to use/set up option that possibly isn’t worth the bother.
On the HPC system it’s by far the best way of operating the system, no connecting to HPC HQ, the app just gets updated automatically as and when, like any other app on your phone. It’s extremely simple and reliable, start the engine, open your phone, press the app, connect, operate.
All done in seconds using Bluetooth. We never use the touch screen panel as it’s so much easier for either of us to use our phones from wherever we may be, outside or inside the motorhome.
It wasn’t an option, it was just included in the fitting.
We had the E&P dongle fitted as part of the deal along with the removable touch screen panel and "fixed" buttons. Tried the app a few times but it times out if the phone goes to sleep mid levelling. Gave up and use the touch screen now, leave it by the drivers window so easy to get to. Battery lasts weeks so no hassle using it inside our out of the van.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Perhaps not but it sure adds value to the levelling experience on a tag axle. Plus if I was offered two similar moh’s I would pay extra for the one with jacks now I know how good they are 👍
That's the reason we first bought the jacks it's a nightmare leveling a tag axle

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’m in agreement about paying for auto levellers. But would say you could ask question of why people don’t just buy a bog standard cheap moho. We’re in a 11 plate auto trail that suits are needs(first time buyers too). When I look at some of the expensive a class ones people own on here I think what a waste of money!... but then again my beds comfy. My cooker cooks the same. The temp from heating is the same and the degree from water is to in the shower. The result of levellers is the same. But some people just like to have all the gadgets. We’re happy with are ramps and are van and it does exactly what an expensive a class does.
We were the same as you, however having had a lot of MHs/PVCs over the years (since 1995/6) we've 'built up' to the one we have now and it's certainly been worth the expense for us as it makes our holidaying much more enjoyable and relaxing. With our specific width criteria we were restricted to which we could go for and thus the cost was higher than if we'd been happy with a fatter one as we could've got others which were cheaper if we'd wanted to consider them, but they wouldn't have been as good a quality etc as the one we have - we don't regret buying at all and too would find it difficult to go back to a MH/PVC with a normal 'cab'. Barring any disasters I can't see us wanting to get shot of it for a very, very, VERY long time as it suits us perfectly.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Being a recent Widow that wants to carry on motorhoming I feel I will have to save for the hydraulic ramps as don’t feel comfortable asking complete strangers to guide me up my ramps every time I arrive at a site and hopefully will solve this problem
My condolenses. I'm pleased you are still wanting to MH, there are many in the same situation as you and they are happy they decided to stick with it ... you have a lot of 'friends' on here and no doubt will meet many funsters during your travels. Never feel afraid to ask for assistance, in our experience most MHers are more than happy to do so, we have certainly helped a lot of people without question.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
That's the reason we first bought the jacks it's a nightmare leveling a tag axle
We had a pitch that we drove into (Spain) that slopes from left to right. We ended up with it sat on pallets and bit of wood at the back, it was a right PITA. Jacks were fitted as soon as we got back and we love them.

Upvote 0

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
I have it.. Simply the best aftermarket purchase Ive made, and yes 5-6k