Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
A very good resource, I have registered. I found some sites that I didn't know existed and added some sites that were not on there. I don't mind putting in a little effort myself as I am benefiting from the efforts of others.

KH

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It seems like you have to get involved to download the POI sets..No bad thing I guess as we all like to read reviews etc.....

quote:

"Sorry, you need more points to download the data
You currently have 12 points, to get access to the downloads you must first reach 300 points

Why do I Need Points?
The points system is designed to only make the downloads available to people who contribute to the content of searchforsites

A lot of work goes into creating this data and it is only fair that users who contribute get access to the data

How Do I Earn Points?
To earn points you must first be logged in and then

• View a page for a site = 1 points
  • Add a review for a site = 100 points
  • Add a new image = 100 points
  • Add a new site = 200 points
  • Submit a succesful edit for a site = 50 points
So you could add just one review with two pictures and this would give you enough points to get access to over 23000 motorhome stopovers and touring locations"

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I have been looking for a resource like this since the demise of the motorhomefacts USBCampsites program. If we all help to add/maintain the camp-site details then it will become even better!
I've only been playing with it for a couple of hours and I've already built up over 1500 'points'!
Bill

P.S. I KNOW I typed Motorhomefacts but when I saved the message the text was changed to 'The Dark Side' automatically - spooky! As you can see - It's just done it again!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have been looking for a resource like this since the demise of the The Dark Side USBCampsites program. If we all help to add/maintain the camp-site details then it will become even better!
I've only been playing with it for a couple of hours and I've already built up over 1500 'points'!
Bill

P.S. I KNOW I typed The Dark Side but when I saved the message the text was changed to 'The Dark Side' automatically - spooky! As you can see - It's just done it again!!

Ha ha ha...happened to me today as well when I tried to link a Belgian aire for someone :)

Liz holly

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Ford transit mwb
Exp
I'm newbie
HI new to motor homes looking forward to doing wild camp had caravans and lived on a boat for 25 years and loved it so now I have moved on to a house and a motor home looking forward to seeing places

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
YOUR A STAR THANK YOU VERRRRRRY MUCH, The more the merrier.
Best Wishes Tony(y)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Often used sfs as it is very easy and informative. Found recently that a britstop advertised on sfs wasn't in bs book so stayed anyway and got manager to sign for bs. Needs public to update so if you find anything wrong give them a shout. Nice guy had dealings ref up loading photos to site and he sorted very quickly. Highly recommended.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Do you actually need to register, it's seem to be working on my iphone

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks @chaser just registered. We always have issues trying to visit one of our sons with the van, there's a few choices of sites in nice nearby locations on here which will be very useful!

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Do you actually need to register, it's seem to be working on my iphone

You don't have to, but you won't get access to all the features...adding a review or uploading a photo for example

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Have registered this morning and everything was smooth and instant - even on an I Pad!!

Thanks for the link.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Glad you all like this site,my op was a year ago, and its suddenly taking off, been criticised quite a bit since then in other threads

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I've just registered,why wouldn't you?, seems great thanks chaser

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Quite a few on here get a bit mardy about where he gets his info, but so what, if it works, why not use it, we are currently in France and its working like a dream on this phone, nowhere have I found where it's all on one app, wild, campsites, aires, France passion, and directions to the gate.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Quite a few on here get a bit mardy about where he gets his info, but so what, if it works, why not use it, we are currently in France and its working like a dream on this phone, nowhere have I found where it's all on one app, wild, campsites, aires, France passion, and directions to the gate.
Yes I agree.
We have britstops & C&CC + Campercontact but still use this as it gives a better overview

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Quite a few on here get a bit mardy about where he gets his info,

Calling me mardy ???!!!!????

I never get mardy

It was more like ....

image.jpeg

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for this:)

I've just registered, got the confirmation email which although it says 'click the link' doesn't seem to do anything......
It will let me log on but with a 'account not authorized' message????
Does itvtake a minute or two does anyone know please?
No problems with my Apple iPad, clicked on the email link, straight on, having fun with it now seems great. Would be willing to pay small subs, why shouldn't he make something, we pay a small amount to be on this amazing site. Every penny well spent, I might add

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
How can I get SFS onto my iPhone?

Dave

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
why shouldn't he make something,

no reason.. provided he owns the intellectual rights to the data bases or has the owners permission to use .. ..

but he doesn't..

in his own words..

I had already written to France Passion asking for their view on this subject, citing examples of other sites including 'Motorhomefacts', 'Campingcar infos', 'All the Aires' that are already displaying the coordinates of France passion sites

To date I have had no response from France Passion (over 3 months)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back