Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Hi to all Burstner owners.
We went to the Norfolk Motorhome show today. Whilst looking around the various motorhomes for sale, we came across several Burstners for sale, not brand new but not that old.
I was surprised to find on 3 of these motorhomes for sale that the sealant was leaking out behind the joining strip.
I don't think it is fair to name the dealer that had these for sale, but it would be fair to say that it is one of the more reputable dealers out there.
As we have been looking around to change our motorhome and narrowed it down to probably a Burstner, we were dismayed to see this on what I thought was more of a top end company in the motorhome market.
Appreciate it has been very hot and perhaps the heat has caused this, but no other makes we looked at had this problem.
So I was wondering if any of you Burstner owners have had this problem, and if it is a problem, or an easy fix ?
Any help on this would be grateful.

Regards,

Mark & Anne.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There was a thread sometime in the last 2 weeks where someone had similar problems with burstner seals exuding sealant, rather like beads of sweat.

Oct 27, 2017
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
2nd time around.
We bought a new Burstner and noticed considerable excess sealant around rear camera and logo. Dealer wasn't surprised, so assume regular issue.
This is something they will tidy up when checked over at end of year.
Very pleased with van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Perhaps a bit unsightly but better to see too much sealant rather than too little.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back