lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We’ve just met up with friends who are out on their maiden trip in their new Etrusco and struggling to get tv working, they have a Telesat dish with vision plus tv. The dish is locking on to Astra 2 no issues, tv just says no signal. I’ve tuned the tv and the EPG is loaded with all the channels but nothing on, I think the sat is ok but isn’t talking to TV.
Any ideas?
9E7BC787-22F6-4650-965D-D48584364156.jpeg
82364E30-F3A1-430C-BC94-20529AD91CA8.jpeg

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Might sound daft and obvious but is the TV looking at the right HDMI channel

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
is there a lead from sat box to tv,??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Might sound daft and obvious but is the TV looking at the right HDMI channel
It’s connected via a sat cable from the sat box, it shows the signal strength and quality just can’t get a picture.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm inclined to agree IF the HDMI or SCART (for older TVs) lead is connected.
If the correct SOURCE isn't selected on the TV menu it won't get a signal.
Yes source is satellite and when you press channel 1 bbc1 comes up but no picture.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It’s connected via a sat cable from the sat box, it shows the signal strength and quality just can’t get a picture.
Try setting SOURCE to the HDMI input rather than SATELLITE.
If the TV has Satellite as a source then I would say your TV has an inbuilt sat reveicer.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Unlikely to be set to the wrong source if the OP can see an empty EPG on the screen

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Try setting SOURCE to the HDMI input rather than SATELLITE.
If the TV has Satellite as a source then I would say your TV has an inbuilt sat reveicer.
There is no HDMI cable going into the tv

Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
No solution, but I think Ican clarify a few things.

This VisionPlus TV highly likely has a built in satellite receiver. Finding 600 channels and having Satellite as a source is pretty indicative, and VisionPlus sell such a TV. You will therefore have a single lead going straight to the dish. No extra box or hdmi source needed.

By what I can see, the EPG will only work with terrestrial channels - freeview, so seeing that unpopulated isn’t surprising if there’s no TV aerial connection. Selecting channels via the EPG will also likely put the TV into freeview mode, which is not what you want.

If your signal strength and quality are high, then you can be sure the cable to the dish is in-place - it should be a small screw in connector to the TV. Just make sure it’s tight incase you’re at the edge of quality and the picture won’t decode.

So, select Satellite source again and keep pressing the channel up button until something appears. Channels are likely to start at 100, anything like ‘1’ is likely to be freeview, which isn’t what you want.

If you’re still having trouble, a photo of the rear of the tv showing the connector will help. A photo of the ‘signal strength’ display and the bit where it’s telling you it’s finding 600 channels will help confirm you’re on the right lines.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
No solution, but I think Ican clarify a few things.

This VisionPlus TV highly likely has a built in satellite receiver. Finding 600 channels and having Satellite as a source is pretty indicative, and VisionPlus sell such a TV. You will therefore have a single lead going straight to the dish. No extra box or hdmi source needed.

By what I can see, the EPG will only work with terrestrial channels - freeview, so seeing that unpopulated isn’t surprising if there’s no TV aerial connection. Selecting channels via the EPG will also likely put the TV into freeview mode, which is not what you want.

If your signal strength and quality are high, then you can be sure the cable to the dish is in-place - it should be a small screw in connector to the TV. Just make sure it’s tight incase you’re at the edge of quality and the picture won’t decode.

So, select Satellite source again and keep pressing the channel up button until something appears. Channels are likely to start at 100, anything like ‘1’ is likely to be freeview, which isn’t what you want.

If you’re still having trouble, a photo of the rear of the tv showing the connector will help. A photo of the ‘signal strength’ display and the bit where it’s telling you it’s finding 600 channels will help confirm you’re on the right lines.
Thanks Tony, I have an oyster and Avtex in mine and the EPG shows when on satellite so not sure about that changing it to free view and when the 600 channels are showing they are showing in satellite not DTV. Also our TV has built in sat receiver and still has a box between the dish and tv, this is the satellite control box, I assume my friend will have one but it seems hidden.
We are inside our own van now and leave them in the morning so if I have time I will try taking a couple of pics, if not they will contact the dealer when home as the van is just two weeks old.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back