LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Ipad = expensive but well engineered kit, constrained by what Apple will allow you to do - but that walled garden might be large enough for your needs.
Samsung = cheaper but equally well engineered but without the kudos of the Apple i-branding...
No borders, you can go where you like, but that can bring dangers of heading down a single track road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Could I add that I have no experience of Samsung at all, only Apple.

My son thinks Samsung are fantastic.

I just get all my stuff from work, and work chose Apple.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
On a serious note though, this is the one I ordered yesterday. It seems like a middle of the road model and £50 off. Hope it's good :love:

Broken Link Removed

Gets good reviews.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Got both at the moment, iPad has the best screen and is quicker but difficult to find any downloads, Samsung easier for transferring photos and such.
Edit :: Replaced the charging port twice on the Samsung.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have both. Nothing between them ti be honest. I find the Samsung more tactile. Ipad has better battery life.

Andy

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I really like my Apple products but would accept that for some techies there are limitations. My iPad Pro with the latest chip is brilliantly fast, it upstages my desktop Mac. Not cheap and other pads may be more cost effective. I think it is great that there is choice and competition between manufacturers, even though it does make choosing more difficult. I suggest you read some of the many online reviews before deciding, what works for me is not necessarily what is right for you.

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
iPad Pro for me, I've had both and the iPad Pro is head and shoulders above Samsung tablets. They are however a lot more expensive.
So as not to show brabd bias, I have Samsung S8 phone and love it though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Android device every time for me. Apart from connecting to other Apple devices iPads are far too restrictive, a pain in the butt to connect to your network and transfer files.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Your requirements seem rather specific. Do you know what you intend to use it for?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Ipad for me too. My Mum and Sister have Android tablets and and are so frustrated with them. Intuitive they ain’t! ( they tell me)
My Mother in Law had a Samsung tablet, hated it and bought an iPad when she used mine a few months ago.
I’m a Samsung fan, but while their tablets run on Android, I wouldn’t touch one myself.
Of course, some people love Android phones and tablets and wouldn’t have anything else, best to have a go with both and see which one suits.
Stay away from Microsoft though.......

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Aha. After reading this thread, the answer is sausages.

That's as good as trying to find a definative best ;)

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
That's what I'm using now (galaxy tab A) always had Samsung never been disappointed, I think a lot has to do with being familiar with the device your used to, put a iPad in my hand and it's like learing to use one again.

Charlie

Last edited:
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
iPad for me, but get one that accepts a wifi data card
Wifi is built into all iPads and none of them accept external data cards or wifi cards. There is a choice between having one with or one without cellular (an entirely different thing from wifi or data). The ones without cellular/sim card slot do not have gps, which is something to watch out for and a very silly limitation.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On a serious note though, this is the one I ordered yesterday. It seems like a middle of the road model and £50 off. Hope it's good :love:

Broken Link Removed

Gets good reviews.
I had iPads originally but the limitation on storage capacity and high cost to buy a new model with extra storage made me move to Android.
Both wife and myself have the earlier 16gb version of the Samsung Tab A. Can't fault them and we added in 128gb micro SD cards for a fraction of the cost of an iPad upgrade.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
As long as the world is round......or is it flat that question of Android or not will be asked time & time again..
Personally for us it’s Apple everytime.
To just say all Apple products are rubbish or all Android products are rubbish is just.......rubbish!
You have to decide for yourself, someone in our family has Android and everytime he sees photos on our iPad he starts drooling at the quality!

Jan 27, 2014
Oakham, Rutland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Wifi is built into all iPads and none of them accept external data cards or wifi cards. There is a choice between having one with or one without cellular (an entirely different thing from wifi or data). The ones without cellular/sim card slot do not have gps, which is something to watch out for and a very silly limitation.
Cellular data slot is what I meant, l find the gps useful I have copilot installed, it allows you to put in that you are driving a motorhome,plus the updates are free

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I have both nothing to choose between them really iPad has good battery life .. If I needed to buy a new one I would buy a Samsung as I don't like apple control freak attitude

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If your all apple ie phone and home computer then apple makes sense if your using windows computer and an android phone then i cant see the benifits of paying for the branding of apple and would go for an android tablet. Everything can be synched nowdays regardless of brand as most things are cloud based.
i have a nexus pad but seldom use it now as my samsung phone does everything
no one has asked the crucial question which is what do you want to do on the pad?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back