Salesmen at the door (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
This afternoon we had an Irish guy knock on the door asking if our motorhome was for sale and thrust a leaflet at us from “We Buy Any Caravan”. When we said it wasn’t for sale he asked when the payments were finished.
When told him the motorhome wasn’t for sale he became quite aggressive and drove off with tyres screeching.
This time it’s a silver VW Passat. I couldnt get his registration number but I have told our community police officer.
Now a lot of motorhomes are parked up for the winter we need to be aware of these so called sales people.

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
This afternoon we had an Irish guy knock on the door asking if our motorhome was for sale and thrust a leaflet at us from “We Buy Any Caravan”. When we said it wasn’t for sale he asked when the payments were finished.
When told him the motorhome wasn’t for sale he became quite aggressive and drove off with tyres screeching.
This time it’s a silver VW Passat. I couldnt get his registration number but I have told our community police officer.
Now a lot of motorhomes are parked up for the winter we need to be aware of these so called sales people.
There was a couple of 'Itinerants' knocking on doors a few years ago doing the same thing. There is a chap in the Cheshire Centre who is a Police Sergeant. It soon stopped.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
So much for the idea hat ours is too old because is the third time this has happened. The previous guy gave me the story about his dying grandad needing some were to live.
This time it was a younger guy. Our community police person has come back to me and has said they would warn the owners of the local caravan storage facility.

Jul 2, 2019
Rugby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2019, folding camper for many years.
Yes we've had some coming round here, one day we had 2 inside half an hour. They told us they would pay us good money for our van. Yet a friend a road down has never had any, maybe they are targetting the smaller motorhomes. I would also report it to our community police officer but I dont think we have one anymore.

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
This is first time we have been given a leaflet but I suppose it’s not difficult to get printing done. Not that it’s great deterrent but managements car lives behind the motorhome.
Because muttly still dosnt bark he is no use as a gaurd dog.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If they knock on the door and ask if its for sale they arent going to nick it. Why would they expose themselves.

If you show interest they will temp you with a wad of cash hopping to get a bargain.

Some years ago I sold a caravan to an Irish knocker and I got a good price.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I leave any old metal on the corner of my drive for the scrapman to collect he knocked yesterday and asked was the van for him :rofl:
Loise if you had given him a tenner he would have taken it.:LOL:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Get them round here quite regularly, there's 2 caravan sales places within 20 miles of me that are owned by Irish gypsies. They sell some really dodgy vans but they do buy them from folk.

I had them trying to buy my caravan a few months back and I've had them ask about this camper 3 or 4 times now

As Lenny HB says folk looking to steal it tend not to ask if its for sale ....although sometimes they will ask to have a look at it at which point they will checkout your security systems etc.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Also I know after I had someone ask I increased my security lots of people I suspect will do the same. If they were looking at nicking it they wouldn't call around first. Successful theives aren't nice people but I suspect they're not daft

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I captured a “knocker” on CCTV and showed his image in the adjacent Social Club, which is frequented by many of our “resident” travellers. No one, including the bartender, admitted to having seen him.

Gordon

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I captured a “knocker” on CCTV and showed his image in the adjacent Social Club, which is frequented by many of our “resident” travellers. No one, including the bartender, admitted to having seen him.

Gordon

I only came round to ask for my ball back…😆

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back