Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
east sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2years fulltiming
hi i am mr wong i have just joined your forum ,has any one travelled from santander to burgos via the a67 in a RV would appreciate any info cheers :thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Mr Wong

Yeah I've traveled that route in a 35ft A class with a m/cycle on the rear don't remember having any problems.:thumb:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
No problem in a 32-foot RV towing a car. Did get completely snowed in for a night near Burgos on one occasion in March and have experienced bad weather there in March on other occasions.

:Smile:
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
G'day all

Someone on here with more experience of this area may be able to help solve a little mystery for me.

I did the reverse of this journey in April and followed Santander signs that were at odds with TomTom but took me through lots of pretty empty roads over the mountains with quite a bit of road-building going on.

Google maps suggests the A67 route to the left and google earth route planner circles to the right but I think I must have followed the apparent 'direct' route on N623. I certainly remember the brakes getting hotter than I would have wished coming down a long winding hill at the Santander end - in second gear!

Milage-wise only 50km shorter. Has anyone followed the middle route - I imagine it would be difficult in winter?

BW

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, always take the n623 its abit steep in places but worth it for the really nice views. if coming back this way drive very slow heated up brakes is a normal here. if you have time visit the parc national de canion del rio lobos its really nice. take the n234just after burgos then head to el burgo de osma .stunning canyon with parking well worth the visit. have fun we did.cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back