Route Planning. (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We have just discovered a new tool which is brilliant for route planning. It uses google maps BUT you can put in more than the regulation 10 stops that google allows. Also you can add notes, pictures and loads of other things. Worth checking it out. It has only been going since November and is still being developed.

www.pebblar.com

Planning our next trip using it!

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Mapsource for me.. excellent mapping tool and can be used offline..

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Have you used it lately as their website says that your can not plan any routes at present due to a problem with Google maps ?

I use the standalone Windows version rather than online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Michellin for me.You can calculate toll fares and other road tax charges, plus fuel costs etc and save your routes for future use.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I'm a planner, I'd hate to just roll around seeing where life takes me.

That's because I don't want to come back an meet someone who says; "oh yes we went there, did you go and see the world heritage xxxx ".

So I spend weeks planning a trip, making sure I know where the UNESCO sites are and the great works of art/nature can be found.

I then map a route that approximates to where I want to go and split the journey times into suitable "chunks".

Put it all in spread sheet with planned rest days etc. with side notes of what I want to see en-route. I don't book campsites of have a fixed schedule, so if something interests me and I want take longer I have it in hand, but I do vaguely know how long I plan to be running and where to next.

That way I have piece of mind that I'm making the most of my valuable leisure time. Viamichelin and Google maps are invaluable resources, as MHF :)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Sometimes we go somewhere, sometimes we don't, and sometimes we just go.....

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Planning for us just involves booking Eurotunnel (return, but we don't always stick to it) and some idea of a destination or area we want to visit. Although we don't always end up there!

I also try to make a note of anywhere mentioned on the forum that looks to be worth a visit and incorporate it in our wanderings.

Spent too much of my life planning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back