Roof Cleaned with no water (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
Took the opportunity yesterday to clean three years worth of gunge off the top of the bus.. Took about one and a half hours and used no water. I used the 'DryClean Waterless Shampoo' product by PaintSeal Direct. Works like a charm.

Glad the sun wasn't shining.

63629517224__1F618272-CAB0-4485-9FFC-7BD4BBF33391.fullsizerender 2.jpeg

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Looks good!
Our roof & skylight are mostly green :(
And I see this every time I go downstairs in our home. So it's clean the roof properly or keep the curtains closed. :(

Does .5Lt do a whole roof? Or you suggest a twinpack.
Our MH is ~5.7m long

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Looks good!
Our roof & skylight are mostly green :(
And I see this every time I go downstairs in our home. So it's clean the roof properly or keep the curtains closed. :(

Does .5Lt do a whole roof? Or you suggest a twinpack.
Our MH is ~5.7m long
You could probably do the whole roof with one. My MH is 8m long and I used about one and a bit bottles. However, it does clean up the rest of the van a treat, so perhaps two bottles would do your whole van?

I would probably tackle the job on an overcast/damp day, if the sun is beaming down it might make the job a bit harder.

PS. I don't work for PaintSeal BTW.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
You could probably do the whole roof with one. My MH is 8m long and I used about one and a bit bottles. However, it does clean up the rest of the van a treat, so perhaps two bottles would do your whole van?

I would probably tackle the job on an overcast/damp day, if the sun is beaming down it might make the job a bit harder.

PS. I don't work for PaintSeal BTW.
Are you sure! 🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Tempted to get on mine and give it a go with the Williams waterless wash and wax I have. Sounds like a safer option than being up there with a hose and brush.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if the panels are covered in dirt and grime surely just using effectively a spray bottle and a cloth increases the risk of scratching the paint work!

or am I being dim!!

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Well I have... dunno if it has any ill effects.. I shall find out in due course I guess :)
The solar panels have a anti reflecting coating ARC, and should not be removed with heavy detergents. Only mild detergents are ok on ARC coating. You know if you still got it by looking at the water beads. Makes water stand like on a water repellent surface.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
if the panels are covered in dirt and grime surely just using effectively a spray bottle and a cloth increases the risk of scratching the paint work!

or am I being dim!!
Quote "Originally created to wash aircraft in the desert, and apply a polymer to aid fuel efficiency, and is now available for your caravan or motorhome. Effortlessly cleans bodywork, alloy wheels, plastics, acrylic windows, chrome and glass."
Here's a link.. <Broken link removed>

I've not a Scooby how it works.. only that it does work. It doesn't leave any scratches at all. I suppose if you go at it with a load of force then you might scratch the paint work, but you can do that with a sponge if you try hard enough.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I dont get black streaks even though it has stood unwashed for months but then I fitted fiamma gutter .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back