Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Icon of my youth and disapproval by my parents since they didn't think much at all of kitchen sink drama, has died aged 82.

I read this on MSN attributed to the Guardian - who also mentioned that amongst other productions, he will be remembered for his part in Eric Brokavitch ! LOL

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47175304

_105573812_get_cut.jpg

Sorry missed the first thread.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
So So Sad, I believe Albert Finney was a great Character Actor that was totally underrated he played some fabulous parts and I loved the side of his own character that came through which I saw as humorous “ A Good Year and Erin Brockovich” are an example but “Saturday Night and Sunday Morning” over 50 years old and as good today as then, outstanding.
God Bless.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I felt very sorry to hear this news.

I know there are probably not many theatregoers on here, but Finney was a great actor in film and TV also.

Indeed he was a very great and talented actor, who could adapt to most Genres and parts.

He also distiguished himself from the other 'great' actors by not becoming himself 'greater than the part', unlike Olivier and Burton, and to some degree Richardson and Gielguid.

I personally thought that one of his best performances was in 'The Dresser'

I stopped some of my theatregoing in London because of the price - not like 5/- in the 'Gods' at Theatre Royal, Brighton, which I did every week for a year - only walked out on a 'Moral Re-armament' production. I saw some of the Greats, because Brighton was used as a pre-production run before the West End.

I could afford London theatres now but I am in Poland.

I shed a tear when I heard the news of Finney's death, not only for him and his family, but for the death of part of the excellent English theatre I loved and no film or TV can replicate.

Geoff

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I liked his style I must have watched Annie 50 times with my daughters when they were little he played Daddy Warbucks .RIP Albert.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
only just realised how few of his films i have seen and yet in the ones i have seen he was impressive.
I am afraid i am showing my ignorance here but this is all i have seen.
Bourne series, skyfall, Oceans 12 and A Good Year. All of which were cracking films made better by him.
Feeling a tad embarrassed at my lack of more culture

And the Orient express one though didnt realise it was him i thought ustinov played poirot but wiki tells me i was wrong

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
The definitive “Scrooge”. Stunning talent.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And the Orient express one though didnt realise it was him i thought ustinov played poirot but wiki tells me i was wrong

Everybody has played Poirot. Ustinov was a brilliant one, he had the gift of foreign accents and mannerisms, as did Suchard.

BigStevie

Free Member
Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
Since I was a lad
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning... One of my all time favouite films. A great character actor.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Albert Finney RIP . admired for his working class roots and values. I organised a film festival in Preston and asked for Albert Finney to open it ...but Tom Finney turned up? Another great man.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back