Reverse buzzer and indicators buzzer

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Baden87, May 17, 2018.

1. Baden87

Baden87 Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    any one know if it’s possible to wire these into fiat Ducato x250 2008 model, and will it affect the canbus

2. tacr2man

tacr2man Funster

Ratings:
    +5,118
    @Baden87
    Use of audible warning instruments

99.—(1) Subject to the following paragraphs, no person shall sound, or cause or permit to be sounded, any horn, gong, bell or siren fitted to or carried on a vehicle which is—

(a)stationary on a road, at any time, other than at times of danger due to another moving vehicle on or near the road; or

(b)in motion on a restricted road, between 23.30 hours and 07.00 hours in the following morning.

(2) The provisions of paragraph (1)(a) do not apply in respect of the sounding of a reversing alarm when the vehicle to which it is fitted is about to move backwards and its engine is running.

(3) No person shall sound, or cause or permit to be sounded, on a road any reversing alarm fitted to a vehicle—

(a)unless the vehicle is a goods vehicle which has a maximum gross weight not less than 2000 kg, a bus, engineering plant, or a works truck; or

(b)if the sound of the alarm is likely to be confused with a sound emitted in the operation of a pedestrian crossing established, or having effect as if established, under Part III of the 1984 Act.

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Ratings:
    +6,031
    Only one of my many motorhomes had a reversing buzzer. It did draw attention and so might have increased safety. No cameras or reversing sensors in those days. It was wired to the sidelights to silence it at night so could just flick on the lights to silence it where it might have caused annoyance.

4. Baden87

Baden87 Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok thanks , what about indicates buzzer , any ideas funsters?

5. WillH

WillH Funster

Ratings:
    +3,131
    Reminds me of something happened recently. There's a nursing home very close to us, ambulances attend fairly regularly, with blues and two's. At night they silence the horns well before they get here so as not to disturb anyone. Once arrived they reverse and the reversing warning goes out at full blast "CAUTION, THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING". Can hear it half a mile away!

6. tacr2man

tacr2man Funster

Ratings:
    +5,118
    If its in cab cant see any problem

7. Baden87

Baden87 Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    I’m hard of hearing! That’s the problem

8. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Ratings:
    +22,685
    For an indictor buzzer just wire in a towing buzzer relay.

As for a reversing buzzer only legal on goods vehicles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

Ratings:
    +4,135
    My sprinter has a difficult to see indicator lights on the dash, the noise is inaudible, So Thinks I, I shall fit two buzzers under the front wingd wired to the repeater light, beep beep beep they go and are now annoying, BUT when on the motorway I cannot hear the damn things when I want to, Who said modern MHs are quieter? I have taken them off now. They sounded like pedestrian light buzzers to the outside punters.