Reverse buzzer and indicators buzzer (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2010
Funster No
any one know if it’s possible to wire these into fiat Ducato x250 2008 model, and will it affect the canbus

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
@Baden87
Use of audible warning instruments

99.—(1) Subject to the following paragraphs, no person shall sound, or cause or permit to be sounded, any horn, gong, bell or siren fitted to or carried on a vehicle which is—

(a)stationary on a road, at any time, other than at times of danger due to another moving vehicle on or near the road; or

(b)in motion on a restricted road, between 23.30 hours and 07.00 hours in the following morning.

(2) The provisions of paragraph (1)(a) do not apply in respect of the sounding of a reversing alarm when the vehicle to which it is fitted is about to move backwards and its engine is running.

(3) No person shall sound, or cause or permit to be sounded, on a road any reversing alarm fitted to a vehicle—

(a)unless the vehicle is a goods vehicle which has a maximum gross weight not less than 2000 kg, a bus, engineering plant, or a works truck; or

(b)if the sound of the alarm is likely to be confused with a sound emitted in the operation of a pedestrian crossing established, or having effect as if established, under Part III of the 1984 Act.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Only one of my many motorhomes had a reversing buzzer. It did draw attention and so might have increased safety. No cameras or reversing sensors in those days. It was wired to the sidelights to silence it at night so could just flick on the lights to silence it where it might have caused annoyance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Reminds me of something happened recently. There's a nursing home very close to us, ambulances attend fairly regularly, with blues and two's. At night they silence the horns well before they get here so as not to disturb anyone. Once arrived they reverse and the reversing warning goes out at full blast "CAUTION, THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING". Can hear it half a mile away!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My sprinter has a difficult to see indicator lights on the dash, the noise is inaudible, So Thinks I, I shall fit two buzzers under the front wingd wired to the repeater light, beep beep beep they go and are now annoying, BUT when on the motorway I cannot hear the damn things when I want to, Who said modern MHs are quieter? I have taken them off now. They sounded like pedestrian light buzzers to the outside punters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back