Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 13, 2023
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2019
View attachment 867199The RetroFest event in Newbury is a must-attend for our members who relish the charm and allure of bygone eras. This unique festival offers a vibrant blend of live music, vintage vehicles, classic fashion, and nostalgic entertainment, making it a perfect venue to revel in the retro lifestyle.

With a diverse array of attractions, including air displays, shopping villages, Fun fair, Wall of death and various stages featuring a wide range of musical genres, there's something for everyone. The festival's commitment to creating a family-friendly atmosphere where all can enjoy the best of the past makes it an ideal gathering spot for Funsters.

If you love any combination of live music, beer, shopping, dancing, eating, vintage cars or motorcycles, this is the event for you

If you'd like to rally with us then fill this form and we've give you a booking link. (y)

This is a superb event with so much to see and do every day. Motorhome Fun has a prime rally area inside the showground. Much of the profits from this show go to charity, with almost half a million £££ donated to date. This year the festival is donating to Guide Dogs for the Blind.

The weekend costs £200 + the Paypal fee, so £212 for the four night stay. There is no Electricity on our rally field and a strict no generator rule.

The stage acts are appearing on the website now. So take a look at who you'll be listening too

Rally Marshals for this event are Lee Fryer and Silver-Fox

Hi, I completed the form today and just did a send/receive. I swore I saw something pop up from RJM Events but didn't turn up in my inbox. Just want check this wouldn't be from the organisers here. We're keen to book. Cheers

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When you go back to the site after paying there is a payment reference number you won't hear anything else until they email the tickets a couple of weeks before the event.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just had the organiser on the phone hoping to get a few more Funsters onto our rally field, Shout out if you want to attend this event and watch Lenny dance the night away.

It really is a cracking weekend of entertainment.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Paid for our entries on 20th February and received an email from Eventree on the 27th with two individual and one vehicle passes attached. I presume I won’t be receiving any further tickets?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Paid for our entries on 20th February and received an email from Eventree on the 27th with two individual and one vehicle passes attached. I presume I won’t be receiving any further tickets?

Don’t know too much about the ticketing process. Sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I haven’t received anything🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤔

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Just had the organiser on the phone hoping to get a few more Funsters onto our rally field, Shout out if you want to attend this event and watch Lenny dance the night away.

It really is a cracking weekend of entertainment.
How late can we make a decision, we're 50/50 on something that may occur (medical appt) that long weekend, but will come if it's still open for booking in 2 ish weeks time I suspect.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Oh I have a quick question the rules seem draconian on no alchol to be brought in, does that include the (small) amount we keep in the van lockers? Would seem a shame (and do they really search, as it would be the first festival we've been to this year (including the CAMC one) that done so if that really is case. We always buy at stages anyhow, this is more about the stuff we keep for drinking at the van.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Oh I have a quick question the rules seem draconian on no alchol to be brought in, does that include the (small) amount we keep in the van lockers? Would seem a shame (and do they really search, as it would be the first festival we've been to this year (including the CAMC one) that done so if that really is case. We always buy at stages anyhow, this is more about the stuff we keep for drinking at the van.

From the email I received with my passes/tickets:

“The alcohol restriction is around the exhibitions and the entertainment - there is no restriction on people using their own alcohol in our club camping area. The event bars are not expensive.”

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I note on the Restrofestival site that max van length is 8m. Maybe a daft question, but does the Funster's area allow vans longer than 8m?

We were considering attending, but at 8.7m it appears we are too long 😒

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
They don't search vans.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
They don't search vans.
Cool, adding to list to book in 2 weeks once our medical appts are known. (One involves me not being able to drive for 24 horus after which is why we can't commit until known, given I am the van driver).

The CAMC one was pretty unique with the fact they didn't care if the bars were used at all going off topic a bit, even at main stage. One chap had fashioned optics to back of a trolley so his chairs and drink could be carried down the hill easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I've requested the booking link via the form as we should get the (new) medical appt in next 2 days (the one we had did clash, but they have agreed to rebook onto a non-clashing day on phone, awaiting the letter from the docs).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back