Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
retro.jpg
The RetroFest event in Newbury is a must-attend for our members who relish the charm and allure of bygone eras. This unique festival offers a vibrant blend of live music, vintage vehicles, classic fashion, and nostalgic entertainment, making it a perfect venue to revel in the retro lifestyle.

With a diverse array of attractions, including air displays, shopping villages, Fun fair, Wall of death and various stages featuring a wide range of musical genres, there's something for everyone. The festival's commitment to creating a family-friendly atmosphere where all can enjoy the best of the past makes it an ideal gathering spot for Funsters.

If you love any combination of live music, beer, shopping, dancing, eating, vintage cars or motorcycles, this is the event for you

If you'd like to rally with us then fill this form and we've give you a booking link. (y)

This is a superb event with so much to see and do every day. Motorhome Fun has a prime rally area inside the showground. Much of the profits from this show go to charity, with almost half a million £££ donated to date. This year the festival is donating to Guide Dogs for the Blind.

The weekend costs £200 + the Paypal fee, so £212 for the four night stay. There is no Electricity on our rally field and a strict no generator rule.

The stage acts are appearing on the website now. So take a look at who you'll be listening too

Rally Marshals for this event are Lee Fryer and Silver-Fox

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Paid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just looking at this and on the retro site it says £100 no EHU for 4 nights and £200 with EHU ..

Is your price quote of £200 no EHU correct Jim ..?

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Includes camping plus entry tickets for 2 persons.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
As I read it with official site , camping + ehu +2 tickets £315. £25 per night for ehu

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just looking at this and on the retro site it says £100 no EHU for 4 nights and £200 with EHU ..

Is your price quote of £200 no EHU correct Jim ..?
Standard Earlybird tickets for two are £262.50 also you get to camp in a prime spot and you can normally book well after the cheap Earlybird tickets have finished.

Aug 5, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
So can you get one van and one ticket? (there's only me)

Paul

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You'd need to give them a call Paul. We have the one booking form with the prices pre populated, sorry.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Paid and confirmed. Also looking forward to it. Can we pre-book Lindy Hop lessons with Lenny HB?

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Paid and confirmed. Also looking forward to it. Can we pre-book Lindy Hop lessons with Lenny HB?
Yes, of course!

His rates are reasonable & responsible but he teaches the demonstration method.
This is where, (after paying the attendance fees into a Charity fund of which, if you wish to PM me, I will forward the details), one can sit back and observe Lenny HB dancing while you relax with a drink of choice!
(Times vary daily!)

Your happiness is important to us, satisfaction guarantee!

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Yes, of course!

His rates are responsible but he teaches the demonstration method.
This is where, (after paying the attendance fees into a Charity fund of which, if you wish to PM me, I will forward the details), one can sit back and observe Lenny HB dancing!
(Times vary daily!)

Glad to hear that as I wouldn’t want to encourage irresponsible dancing in any way, shape or form. Unable to pay in cash unfortunately, but can contribute to the beer and wine charity of choice!

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Glad to hear that as I wouldn’t want to encourage irresponsible dancing in any way, shape or form. Unable to pay in cash unfortunately, but can contribute to the beer and wine charity of choice!

Careful what you offer, he tucks a bit away 😂

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
My bloody phone needs a proof reader, are they downloadable? 😄

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Careful what you offer, he tucks a bit away 😂

No problem, I did say ‘contribute’ and I’m sure there are a few miniatures of Disaronno, Cointreau, etc. lurking at the back of the drinks cabinet that would like to see the light of day!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
PM the details, everything is negotiable! 😄

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
My bloody phone needs a proof reader, are they downloadable? 😄

Are you sure you’re not already using the 40% proof one tonight? The sun is well over the yardarm after all, so perfectly excusable.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Are you sure you’re not already using the 40% proof one tonight? The sun is well over the yardarm after all, so perfectly excusable.
No, it's a bit early and I'm only using the 38% proof! 😄

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
No problem, I did say ‘contribute’ and I’m sure there are a few miniatures of Disaronno, Cointreau, etc. lurking at the back of the drinks cabinet that would like to see the light of day!
Just remember the old saying, 'you get what you pay for'!
Just saying! 🤔

Jul 5, 2022
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLB
Exp
Since 2015
View attachment 867199The RetroFest event in Newbury is a must-attend for our members who relish the charm and allure of bygone eras. This unique festival offers a vibrant blend of live music, vintage vehicles, classic fashion, and nostalgic entertainment, making it a perfect venue to revel in the retro lifestyle.

With a diverse array of attractions, including air displays, shopping villages, Fun fair, Wall of death and various stages featuring a wide range of musical genres, there's something for everyone. The festival's commitment to creating a family-friendly atmosphere where all can enjoy the best of the past makes it an ideal gathering spot for Funsters.

If you love any combination of live music, beer, shopping, dancing, eating, vintage cars or motorcycles, this is the event for you

If you'd like to rally with us then fill this form and we've give you a booking link. (y)

This is a superb event with so much to see and do every day. Motorhome Fun has a prime rally area inside the showground. Much of the profits from this show go to charity, with almost half a million £££ donated to date. This year the festival is donating to Guide Dogs for the Blind.

The weekend costs £200 + the Paypal fee, so £212 for the four night stay. There is no Electricity on our rally field and a strict no generator rule.

The stage acts are appearing on the website now. So take a look at who you'll be listening too

Booked and paid see you all Thursday AM.
View attachment 867199The RetroFest event in Newbury is a must-attend for our members who relish the charm and allure of bygone eras. This unique festival offers a vibrant blend of live music, vintage vehicles, classic fashion, and nostalgic entertainment, making it a perfect venue to revel in the retro lifestyle.

Booked and paid. Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday AM

Aug 21, 2020
Stevenage, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote low profile
Exp
Since 2013

Hi Jim, we filled out the form last week and haven’t been sent the link to book, am I missing something?

May 6, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1980
Hi Jim, we filled out the form last week and haven’t been sent the link to book, am I missing something?
Me too, we obviously don’t meet the criteria, we attended the festival last year for the first time, we had a great time and really enjoyed it. After we left we saw that there had been some trouble over generators, we didn’t see or hear any problems or complaints whilst we were there, and it now seems we are being discriminated against because of other people’s bad behaviour. Surely the people causing problems last year must be known and dealt with accordingly.
We were really looking forward to the festival this year, not happy.

Jun 27, 2019
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline B600
Exp
I think you click on the link 'who's on at Retro etc' on the 1st post and that will take you to the Retro festival booking page. THEN you fill in Jim's form and all will work! 🤞

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think you click on the link 'who's on at Retro etc' on the 1st post and that will take you to the Retro festival booking page. THEN you fill in Jim's form and all will work! 🤞
I don't think that will get you in the Fun field you need the link from Jim for that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• GMLS
Back