Result DFDS (1 Viewer)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Tried booking dieppe - newhaven on phone the other day and could not get the dog on ticket anyway not a problem phone operator said i'll put dog on when i can for free.

So true to her word she has now sent me a booking confirmation with dog on it - so ended up with 20% discount as i'm just 60 and another £18 written off by getting dog travel for free - and i'm only about 25 miles from newhaven so nice easy drive

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@mfw
Do I understand from your post that DFDS give a 20% discount to over 60’s? I hadn’t heard of that.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
@mfw
Do I understand from your post that DFDS give a 20% discount to over 60’s? I hadn’t heard of that.
Yes as snowbird said newhaven-dieppe route by phone over 60 at date of travel you get 20% off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Discount is for students under 25, disabled people and over 60's. Phone bookings only.
The whole ticket is discounted by 20% even if there are under 60's travelling on it. Discount does not apply to accommodation on board.
They can see (from your passport) if you're over 60 at the check-in kiosk.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I joined their club / loyalty scheme, though I can't remember what it was called.
Following trip, Dieppe to Newhaven, I was given a cabin free of charge. Don't know if they still do this but maybe with a try.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Discount is for students under 25, disabled people and over 60's. Phone bookings only.
The whole ticket is discounted by 20% even if there are under 60's travelling on it. Discount does not apply to accommodation on board.
They can see (from your passport) if you're over 60 at the check-in kiosk.

They can see that just by looking at me!:oops:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They can be very good depends which girl you get. I changed a booking when returning, let me go on a more expensive crossing also no admin charge, other times I've been charged.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
@mfw, @Lenny HB

I have had excellent service from DFDS recently

I tried to make a Calais - Dover reservation and return, using a code available to members of FFCC (one of the two main federations for camping car clubs in France), but couldn't book the return for any date after the end of this year.

I e-mailed DFDS and was told the relevant department would be contacted to find out the reason. Eventually I was told that the contract for the discount had not yet been signed for 2019. so I had two options
  1. To book the single ticket which was shown on the screen, with the discount and to then let them know what return date/time I wanted and they would contact me to make payment (with the discount) over the phone when the contract had been signed, or
  2. To book the two-way ticket, without the discount and then get back in touch with my booking reference. Unfortunately, despite repeated attempts, I was unable to complete the booking process as there web site kept freezing as I tried to go from one page to the next. I got straight through on the .co.uk site and completed the booking. In the past I have tried to use the discount code on the UK site without success, so not expecting to much I e-mailed the booking reference to my contact and early the following morning I had a reply to say the discount would be applied to my card within a couple of days.
Result. Thank you DFDS France

J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back