Remote switch (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
That is why I suggest the use of an interposing relay. These
Chinese modules are cheap and usually low spec as seen here. I would not trust that relay personally, however it should drive the interposing OK with a coil current around 25% of the receiver relay capacity. It will work without, just not sure for how long.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I don't see the point much better to control the fans with a temperature controller, fit & forget.
We fitted ours over 5 years ago, turn them On in April / May and Off at the end of our trip October, even here in Spain they very rarely come On at night and if they do they are not running flat out, ours come On about 25 / 26c depending where you put the sensor. šŸ˜ Bob.

Screenshot_20240523_104356_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Vaman

Would one of these do for the relay you suggest ? I'd change the fuse for a 3 amp

Thanks

Yes, very much the same, remember the fuse is ideally fitted as shown on my drawing so it protects everything.
I think that holder may allow you to wire as shown on the diagram. Difficult to tell from their photos.
Switch (the supplier) are good I have used them a few times.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Vaman

Would one of these do for the relay you suggest ? I'd change the fuse for a 3 amp

Thanks

That is a bit OTT its a high power 30 amp automotive relay you are only switching 200 - 300 ma, I would use a 5 amp relay the contact resistance will be lower.

I don't think you need a relay, the relay in the unit is more than enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
The reasoning was inductive loading on tiny contacts that have a stated a max rating of 700mA. I agree the relay is large, but these are readily available and easy to terminate to. Unfortunately, the onboard relay is very tiny, as I said several times it can be used, but I wouldn't, however I have knowledge of relay types and sources. My guess is the contacts would go quite quickly due to poor quality and cannot be changed without soldering etc. Then it's a full replacement, rather than just a relay, much harder for Figaro. Hope that makes sense.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back