Reincarnated liner de luxe (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Well we got our money back, but it’s now been covered with glass, not saying the de lamination hasn’t been fixed but I’d be v suspicious.

Here’s how it looked after the bodge job

566AA39C-A461-4928-9558-0FE15236853E.jpeg

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Well we got our money back, but it’s now been covered with glass, not saying the de lamination hasn’t been fixed but I’d be v suspicious.

Here’s how it looked after the bodge job

View attachment 556452
The inappropriate glass would make anyone who new what they were looking at suspicious but I guess they re not looking for that kind of customer. £150K for a bodge, disgraceful.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Nice van ,shame about the decal/ damage and the internal colour scheme. :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Sorry, I may have missed it in a previous thread, but what’s the story behind this?
I purchased it and as soon as the sun heated the side a huge blister type effect bulged out the side, it was supposedly repaired and returned to me, basically cut a hole in the side and stuck it back on😳
Anyway fair play to the dealer, he didn’t contest my rejection letter, just kept me hanging for a couple of months while he sunned himself and I got v little sleep, got a full refund.
Back up for sale with glass on the sides now

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
The inappropriate glass would make anyone who new what they were looking at suspicious but I guess they re not looking for that kind of customer. £150K for a bodge, disgraceful.
I’ve posted on the FB Carthago page, just warning people, as stated Carthago said it could be repaired but would be needing to drill holes inside.
But yes not as per original design, that’s for sure.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
What was behind that wall area ,for info. Could it be replaced with a window for example.?

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
What I don’t understand is the side of that van is Aluminium. Nothing to de-laminate as such.
It looks like someone has cut a bloody great square out of it. Why?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
What I don’t understand is the side of that van is Aluminium. Nothing to de-laminate as such.
In common with the better made MH's they re an aluminium and pu foam sandwich so basically glued together, the great thing about this is there is no structural wood to rot but very occasionally ( rarely actually) the aluminium separates from the foam and you get a bubble.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
In common with the better made MH's they re an aluminium and pu foam sandwich so basically glued together, the great thing about this is there is no structural wood to rot but very occasionally ( rarely actually) the aluminium separates from the foam and you get a bubble.
Not in a perfect square it wouldn’t

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's laminated onto foam so can come away.

EDIT as Jon said above;)

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Not in a perfect square it wouldn’t
What's to stop it happening else where on the panel?

Up there with dodgy Avondale windows!!

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
It's laminated onto foam so can come away.

EDIT as Jon said above;)
I’m fully aware of what the panel is made up from. My point is, even if it was de-lamination, it wouldn’t do it in a way that showed perfectly vertical and horizontal lines.
I bet if you pulled that graphic off, you would find someone has cut into the Ali

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
I purchased it and as soon as the sun heated the side a huge blister type effect bulged out the side, it was supposedly repaired and returned to me, basically cut a hole in the side and stuck it back on😳
Anyway fair play to the dealer, he didn’t contest my rejection letter, just kept me hanging for a couple of months while he sunned himself and I got v little sleep, got a full refund.
Did Serinity Leisure do that repair? I’m gobsmacked how anyone could try and bodge a van of that cost and quality to be honest. Wow 😮

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It should have gone straight back to Carthago who would protect their premium good name and put a whole new side on. The clown that did the hatchet job should lose their job and the dealer their franchise

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Did Serinity Leisure do that repair? I’m gobsmacked how anyone could try and bodge a van of that cost and quality to be honest. Wow 😮
No he sent it to a bodywork shop

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
It should have gone straight back to Carthago who would protect their premium good name and put a whole new side on. The clown that did the hatchet job should lose their job and the dealer their franchise
He’s an independent dealer, if he’d done some homework instead of rushing to get it done then it would have been fixable.
It took me a day to speak with the importers who spoke to Carthago technical team who sketched out how the repair should be carried out, they then put me onto the bodywork shop who do work for them they’re next door to premium motorhomes, they said yes can be repaired but nothing to stop it popping again, that’s why I rejected it.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
No he sent it to a bodywork shop
And that’s where the apprentice was given his first ever job.
I wouldn’t expect that kind of behaviour on a 20k van let alone 150k
I’m surprised they didn’t offer you your money back before you even went to collect it, out of embarrassment.
Shocking!

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I’m surprised they didn’t offer you your money back before you even went to collect it, out of embarrassment.
Shocking!
Totally agree, I told him I was OCD when it comes to cleaning/ panel’s being straight etc, so sort of made it even worse

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
It’s more common than you may think. I had a similar issue with a Morelo but it was put right back at Morelo factory.
I know we all have different taste, in this case I can find nothing attractive in the interior of that van, my goodness what an ugly dashboard.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
It’s more common than you may think. I had a similar issue with a Morelo but it was put right back at Morelo factory.
I know we all have different taste, in this case I can find nothing attractive in the interior of that van, my goodness what an ugly dashboard.
Yep, maybe dodged the bullet of need to get this re upholstered 🤔🤔

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Shocking!
Have you not had many dealings with the motor trade? Some of them do some shocking things.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Did you ever see the Opus that preceded that model? Shocking to me but yes each to their own. Hows the search going Rudski01 ?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I find the Orange wood horrible, great vans but the décor yuck :roflmto:

Apr 13, 2013
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
FYI the previous owner bought our Morelo Empire. We were going to possibly take the Carthago Liner in part exchange but when we viewed it the delamination was clear to see…along with lots of other paintwork/previous repairs. So the owner knew about the issue as we pointed it out to him. Lucky dealer was decent and gave you your money back as I think initially he was selling it on behalf of the owner.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
FYI the previous owner bought our Morelo Empire. We were going to possibly take the Carthago Liner in part exchange but when we viewed it the delamination was clear to see…along with lots of other paintwork/previous repairs. So the owner knew about the issue as we pointed it out to him. Lucky dealer was decent and gave you your money back as I think initially he was selling it on behalf of the owner.
I think we definitely dodged a bullet, but happy as a pig in sh**e with this we’ve just picked up😁😁8C84A1E9-1E5F-4803-BF88-86F66B4D3F4D.jpeg
A871D98F-E440-4C85-8128-427BC704A5AC.jpeg

Attachments

• 716DB016-710E-42F8-B7FC-9815A9662833.jpeg
    716DB016-710E-42F8-B7FC-9815A9662833.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 114

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries