Refillable Gas - Connectors (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Ok, so hubby has come around to the idea that refillable gas would be a good idea :) We don't travel enough for it to pay for itself but it'll certainly be more convenient so I'm hoping to pick up what I need as cheaply as possible and fit it myself.

The difficult part is already done: we already have an external filler and a pipe into the gas locker (was already installed when we bought the van) so all I need to find is an 11kg bottle. I'd prefer Alugas as its lighter, but we don't really have much of an issue with payload so the extra 5kg for Gasit/Gaslow won't make that much difference.

The one thing I haven't been able to find out is whether I can use our existing filler hose or I need to buy a new one? Also for the hose to the regulator....we already have a propane pigtail (from a 6kg Calor) I don't think this will fit any of the bottles will it? I also have one of these butane pigtails (for the 10kg Gaslight) - I'm not sure, but I think this might fit the Gaslow bottles? Will it fit Gasit or Alugas too, or does each type of bottle have its own fitting?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The filler hoses are standard but for peace of mind I would fit a new hose they are not very expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
OP
OP
DangerMousy
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Our 11kg Gasit arrived today, but I think I'm going to hold off fitting it until I've contacted the shop I bought it from Firstly, the bottle is marked 2026...I would have expected to get the full 10 years on a brand new bottle. And secondly, it has no contents gauge.

Edit: ok I've now found the contents gauge:rolleyes: must have fallen out of the box earlier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back