May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Good afternoon all.

Not having a spare tyre I'm looking to carry a tyre repair spray. We have a high pressure pump (Ring) so fully inflating the tyre from the can is not required.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what brand of spray is best?

Thanks

Team GerTee

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
No use if you damage the sidewall. I had a puncture in the highlands 3 years ago and by the time I'd stopped the tyre was split.
Spare wheel now my first priority.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We just carry a couple of cans sadly spare not an option 6m long and no space underneath for a spare

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I used Puncture Safe in 2 of my Motorhomes, it stays in the tyre so seals punctures as they happen, its also water based so can be cleaned off if the tyre can be repaired.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I too had a puncture, a hole in the sidewall, the goo is no good for that but fortunately I had a spare tyre in the Spanish car park on a Sunday morning.
After replacing the tyre, a 15" Vanco Camper Continental, I visited three large tyre depots in Spain and France before finding a replacement. They had two in stock. I also had the goo in my van which I did not use but if I did not have a spare, how long would I have had to wait before the breakdown man found one?
I am just about to replace my van and so have a 15" Vanco Camper tyre and wheel plus another V. C. C. tyre, both with usable treads for £60.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I used this stuff.....In my trailer, bicycle and lawn tractor tyres.

Screenshot_20190409-192211.jpg

A few days ago I decided to fit inner tubes to the tractor as the sidewalls were splitting and this only works on the bits it touches... IE: the tread. At over £100 a pair couldn't warrant new tyres for something used from time to time.
On removing the tyres the Slime had almost solidified after being in a couple of years ... No use whatsoever......it went in like thickish liquid soap.

Only good thing it washed out with a jet nozzle on the garden hose.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
when we removed our last set of van tyres after nearly 6 years that had puncture safe in for all but delivery miles it was still liquid and the same texture and colour as the new stuff waiting to be pumped into the replacement tyres.

washed out of old tyres with a strong spray jet from a garden hose.

its not to everyones " taste / liking "! but i'll live with the minor shortcomings compared to the loss a payload for a spare wheel and the cost of a wheel , tyre, and carrier.

as i have said many times before on this subject..... each to our own... whatever enables us to sleep at night...

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
We have a can of tyre stuff in the motorhome and a spare tyre and a high pressure pump

BUT my problem is getting the spare out of the garage and on to the wheel stubs with my duff spine I just can't do it have to wait for a recovery engineer to help me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back