Aug 18, 2014
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,

I have an Autotrail Tracker FB (2015) and it comes fitted with a reversing camera. We find it difficult driving in Europe and sometimes in the UK in just depending on the external mirrors as there can be blind spots when you come to some angled junctions, or when entering a road at an acute angle. The passenger has to crane his or her neck to check it is safe to go.

I am looking for advice as to what sort of rear view cameras to fit please. Our dealer has suggested that we fit a separate twin camera system to the vehicle with a rear view mirror monitor. The price quoted is £720 fitted.

I'm not sure that this will give the driver a wide enough view particularly if there is no passenger.

What have other people done? Are side cameras a possible option on the passenger's side? I am hopeless at fitting this sort of stuff so I need to have it done?

Can anybody assist please?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There is a thread on here ref 360° camera system but the rear view driving and reversing camera won't help at the side, we have a LHD van an I fitted a fish eye camera in the passengers window that gives me a good view when no one is with me it's connected to my radio head so I don't need another monitor, I fitted my own twin rear camera cost around £250 from .

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Met a guy in aguilas spain who had mounted 2 cameras facing rear on the top of the nearside mirror and a dual display monitor .

It really worked well and gave a good view .

That's what I think you are trying to achieve but I wouldn't know where to source the parts.

Someone will be along I'm sure with advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I have twin rear cameras and their great but not for what your asking. One is just like having a rear view mirror and the other looks down at the back bumper.
What you may be thinking is what buses and trucks use rather than a rear view camera, try bus and truck supplies they have dedicated side view kit.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
If you are just a little competent in diy fitting a twin rear view is not rocket science and can be bought at the motorhome shows or on eBay circa £170 + diy

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If you are just a little competent in diy fitting a twin rear view is not rocket science and can be bought at the motorhome shows or on eBay circa £170 + diy
i just bought a camera from ebay for £14 how long it will last i dont know but picture is excellent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back