rear garage and electric bikes (1 Viewer)

Woodworker

Free Member
Jul 15, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail imala 734H
Exp
since 2010
Hi, have just ordered a new MH with rear garage (already have existing MH). My intention is to keep all tables, chairs, BBQ, maintenance stuff and electric bikes in the garage.

What do people use to stop all the gear moving round in the garage whilst on the road, have 4 securing rings mounted into the floor

Any recommendations on electric bikes, but ones that are robust, without having to sell my limbs to buy. We currently use 2 hybrids, but carry these on bike rack, which i dont want to do going forward. Wife is concerned that the smaller folding bikes wont be robust enough

Any help on the above greatly appreciated

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Look out for a second hand bike rack, take the tracks of screw onto a couple of wood 1/2 inch by 1.5 inch that fit tight across floor of garage use the wheel straps to keep bikes in place. Ours work a treat in ours with plenty room for other bits and bobs

Marmite

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
SW Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T 6757
Exp
We have the Carrera Crosscity e-bikes bikes from halfords bought just over a year ago. Folding so can put them both in one part of the garage leaving the rest for the other essentials. Not too pricy either .. currently selling for £999, though we managed to get them on a deal for ~£650 each. Well worth it.... pity this deal isn't available now. Folded, they don't move around in the garage, and also fit into the car boot when we are travelling just for a ride locally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Electric bikes are pretty heavy. Especially if the battery is not removed. I struggled with getting iur two in and out of the Motorhome so recently go a Thule veloslide. Takes up a bit of room but is removable if you are not taking the bikes. Makes life dead easy.
C5C510B0-FCFF-4BA6-BD11-D0EF7851F61F.jpeg
C5C510B0-FCFF-4BA6-BD11-D0EF7851F61F.jpeg
C115FBE8-2A14-4609-AC85-CAAEEF2D6226.jpeg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We have got 4 vertical bars from floor to ceiling in each quarter of the garage., set about a foot in from front and rear walls.

We strap everything to those either side of these. I use ratchet straps, much more secure than bungies.

If you can fit such poles it is a good solution and does not need any equipment taking up floor space.

Geoff

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
We got 2 Giant Hybrid electric bikes 8 years ago and they have been very robust. At 1st on our other vans we put a weight appropriate towbar cycle rack for them, we then used a box trailer for 2/3 years and put all the gear needed for long terming in that and used 2 roof type rails fitted to floor and side ties on inside of trailer for the bikes. Now back to a garage M/H and use the rails again and side anchor points. The garage is quite spacious so no problem, however look at your weight allowance in garage. Ours is 500kg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back